License.php

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
bsloan

License.php

Post by bsloan »

When I agree and click start I am immediatly hit with a 403 permission error. I am able I was able to run some of the PHP setup files in the folder manually but when you click next and continue on the individual pages it may or may not work. For instance I can enter the company info but if I hit continue I get only a blank page. I can not add a user because it does not save the comany info. The setup files did update the settings files and build the database structure.
mikeb

Re: License.php

Post by mikeb »

bsloan wrote:When I agree and click start I am immediatly hit with a 403 permission error. I am able I was able to run some of the PHP setup files in the folder manually but when you click next and continue on the individual pages it may or may not work. For instance I can enter the company info but if I hit continue I get only a blank page. I can not add a user because it does not save the comany info. The setup files did update the settings files and build the database structure.
403 permission error is what Apache reports when it can't read the file. What operating system and TimeTrex version are you running? I would start by confirming that all your permissions are set correctly so Apache can infact read the files.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
bsloan

Post by bsloan »

Windows XP Professional

The current free version of Timetrex.

Is it the permissions on the folder or the directory permissions in the Apache configuration file.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

bsloan wrote:Windows XP Professional

The current free version of Timetrex.

Is it the permissions on the folder or the directory permissions in the Apache configuration file.
Could be either I suppose. Its odd that it would happen for just certain files though. I would maybe even try to unzip the TimeTrex files again to ensure that they all have the same permissions.
bsloan

Post by bsloan »

The problem doesn't seem to be that it can't read the files. It seems to be when one files calls to next in line to continue with the setup.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

bsloan wrote:The problem doesn't seem to be that it can't read the files. It seems to be when one files calls to next in line to continue with the setup.
I don't think the issue is TimeTrex related at all. There have a been a couple reports of "permission denied", but they have all been easily fixed by setting the proper permissions. My only other suggestion would be to unzip and install TimeTrex while logged in as Administrator if you aren't already, maybe that will help?

Unfortunately without more information I can't help much.
bsloan

Post by bsloan »

Here are the error I am seeing in the Apache logs.

[Fri Oct 20 12:55:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\\www\\webroot\\timetrex\\classes\\modules\\core\\Debug.class.php on line 160, referer: http://localhost/timetrex/interface/install/License.php
[Fri Oct 20 12:55:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/www/webroot/interface, referer: http://localhost/timetrex/interface/install/License.php
[Fri Oct 20 12:56:02 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "((alter|create|drop)[[:space:]]+(column|database|procedure|table)|delete[[:space:]]+from|update.+set.+=)" at POST_PAYLOAD [id "300015"] [rev "1"] [msg "Generic SQL injection protection"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "localhost"] [uri "/timetrex/interface/install/License.php"]
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

bsloan wrote:Here are the error I am seeing in the Apache logs.

[Fri Oct 20 12:55:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\\www\\webroot\\timetrex\\classes\\modules\\core\\Debug.class.php on line 160, referer: http://localhost/timetrex/interface/install/License.php
[Fri Oct 20 12:55:59 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/www/webroot/interface, referer: http://localhost/timetrex/interface/install/License.php
[Fri Oct 20 12:56:02 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] mod_security: Access denied with code 403. Pattern match "((alter|create|drop)[[:space:]]+(column|database|procedure|table)|delete[[:space:]]+from|update.+set.+=)" at POST_PAYLOAD [id "300015"] [rev "1"] [msg "Generic SQL injection protection"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "localhost"] [uri "/timetrex/interface/install/License.php"]
Interesting, it looks like mod_security is causing the issue. I would try to disable mod_security in your apache configuration and see if that fixes the problem.