Error after log in (TimeTrex system requirement check has..)

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
swatlyw

Error after log in (TimeTrex system requirement check has..)

Post by swatlyw »

I installed newest version of on-site timetrex standard version in my linux server. It works fine last week. However, when I log in it this week, I find a error on top of the website. It said "WARNING: TimeTrex system requirement check has failed! Please contact your TimeTrex administrator immediately to re-run the TimeTrex installer to correct the issue.".

I set installer_enabled = TRUE at timetrex.ini.php and re-run the installer. At requirement check page, everything is ok. So I have no idea why that error appeared.

Attachment is the screenshot of the error and requirement check page.

Thanks a lot!
ScreenShot001.png
ScreenShot002 copy.jpg
shaunw

Re: Error after log in (TimeTrex system requirement check ha

Post by shaunw »

Go through all the installations steps to the end, then that message should be cleared for you. You don't need to make any changes during this process, you just need to complete the installation process without any errors.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

I get this very same error about once a week. The error goes away after reinstalling but it has come back numerous times. Installations are error free.

I'm running Business Edition version 5.3.3 on a MacMini Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM with MacOS 10.6.8. Hard disk has been verified with no errors and repair permissions has been run.

Any ideas why this is reoccurring?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex does checks each week and its determining there is a problem when it does that.

The issue can depend on how TimeTrex was installed though, if it was a manual install from the .ZIP file, its likely a permission issue caused by the maintenance jobs running as a different user than your web server runs as, thereby causing a permission conflict.
MickG01

Post by MickG01 »

I get this every week = I installed using the automatic install and each week have to clean the var/www/cache Linux Server folder (I installed timetrex to /var/www) The permissions for that folder are assigned to the User for timetrex.

This is really aggrevating
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Next time the issue happens, check your cache directory for files owned by multiple users, that should give you a clue as to what/who might be causing the problem. Do you know what user your TimeTrex cronjob running as?

"/var/www" seems like an odd place to put the files if you are using the fully automated installer, as it may conflict with your existing Apache instance.