Install issues on Private server, please help..

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
wjourney

Install issues on Private server, please help..

Post by wjourney »

Hello, I wish to use the "on-site" Free version of TimeTrex, I have demoed it several times and I very much look forward to using it with our team.

I have a pretty large issue with installing the software, very much like like this person in this post:
However, I have a different case. My server runs cPanel (strictly to automate most/all functions), it is not a shared hosting system. It's private and not for use for anything else.
I have reviewed the Apache Logs and they haven't given me any concrete information, only reporting that the pages were accessed.

I get that it could be a compatibility issue with shared web hosting, but considering I have full control over the backend, please can you help me with ideas on what I need to configure to enable TimeTrex?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
shaunw

Re: Install issues on Private server, please help..

Post by shaunw »

Without seeing errors from your error log, unfortunately we have nothing to go on.
wjourney

Post by wjourney »

I will recollect the Apache log, and post the message within 30 minutes. :)
wjourney

Post by wjourney »

This is the only information that I find whenever I try to run the install script:
216.58.117.44 - - [15/Mar/2013:19:14:32 +0300] "GET /staff/timetrex/interface/install/install.php HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, like Gecko) Iron/25.0.1400.0 Chrome/25.0.1400.0 Safari/537.22"
Further, when I run the script, I see this in my browser:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@cablegator.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Are there particular permission settings for certain files and/or folders I need to adjust?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately that isn't of any help, did you check your PHP error log? Do you have PHP error logging enabled in your PHP.ini file?