upgrade to 5.3.x problems

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
BrianC

upgrade to 5.3.x problems

Post by BrianC »

Hi,

I have successfully upgraded many times over the past few years, but have run into problems trying to upgrade from 5.2.4 to 5.3. I've also tried 5.3.1.

The upgrade seems to go fine and I get the Congratulations screen, but when I log in I get a red banner warning that "WARNING: TimeTrex application version does not match database version. Please re-run the TimeTrex installer to complete the upgrade process".

My upgrade process is:

1. unzip the newest version into my htdocs directory
2. change ownership of the directory and files to the web server
3. copy my old timetrex.php.ini into the new directory
4. change the "timetrex" symlink to point to the new directory
5. enable the installer
6. go through the install screens with my browser...I get no errors and tests all ok.
7. get to the Congratulations screen, continue, login, then I get the warning I noted above.

The server is Slackware linux, php 5.3.10, postgresql 9.0.3, apache 2.2.22. I'm happy to attach a log file if that is useful.

I'd sure appreciate some help with this.

Thanks,
Brian
shaunw

Re: upgrade to 5.3.x problems

Post by shaunw »

After the System Requirements page of the installer, do you continue on to the database upgrade page? It sounds like this step is being missed for some reason.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Yes, I see the database upgrade page with the progress bar advancing as usual.

Brian
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Its possible it could be a caching issue, try clearing your TimeTrex cache directory to see if that makes any difference.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

The timetrex cache was not enabled in the ini file. I will enable it if you think it could help.

After the upgrade happens, or seems to happen, if I inspect the database the system_setting table stills shows system_version 5.2.4. It doesn't seem like the upgrade is actually happening.

Brian
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You will need to enable debugging in the TimeTrex .ini file as described at the bottom of the following post:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89

Then try the upgrade again and attach the log file here.