Error installing community edition 7.0

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
jjoelc

Error installing community edition 7.0

Post by jjoelc »

I figured I'd take advantage of the holiday to upgrade from TimeTrex 5.3.3 standard edition to the new Community edition 7.0. Got errors while upgrading, so I figured I'd do a full backup, uninstall 5.3.3, then do a clean installation of 7.0. I got the exact same errors (images below) during installation, which generated the listings in the event log, also pasted below.

Windows Server 2003 x64:
First error:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

And the corresponding event log entries:

Code: Select all

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	SideBySide
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	59
Date:		5/27/2013
Time:		3:39:00 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	TIMETREX
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\TimeTrex\php\php-win.exe. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

===============================

Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event ID:	32
Description:
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Time:		3:38:00 PM
Description:
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\TimeTrex\php\php-win.exe. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Description:
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID:	32
Description:
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

shaunw

Re: Error installing community edition 7.0

Post by shaunw »

Please try downloading the following copy of TimeTrex and let us know if it fixes your issue:
http://www.timetrex.com/direct_download ... taller.exe
vegastech

Post by vegastech »

Same errors on my test install. The platform I'm using is XP sp3 running as a VMware guest. The initial download was from SourceForge.

Next I
1) un-installed v7 (from failed install)
2) rebooted
3) re-ran the installer from the direct link download
4) same errors

The file size between the SourceForge and direct download is the same.

I tried to open the localhost:8085 to see if it worked regardless of the errors but it would not open.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you running Windows XP 32 or 64bit? Can you post screenshots and/or the exact errors from your event log please?
vegastech

Post by vegastech »

I'm running 32 bit XP sp3. As for the logs, I'll grab them tomorrow.
jjoelc

Post by jjoelc »

Sorry for the delay... It's been a crazy week. But I finally got to try installing 7.0 from the link you posted, and am still getting the exact same errors. (Also with the same results vegastech posted, unable to open localhost after the install also)

I've rolled back to 5.3.3 again for now. let me know if there is any other info you might need from me, I'm glad to help troubleshoot in any way I can.
jjoelc

Post by jjoelc »

Just FYI - I knew it was a longshot, but all the info I could find on the errors in the eventlog pointed to re-installing MS Visual C++ runtimes, so I went through and un-/re-/ installed VC++ 2005, 2008, 2008 SP1, and 2010 redistributables, retrying the TimeTrex 7.0 installer each step along the way... Unfortunately, with no change. Frustrating, but maybe it will help track down what's going on...
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

This is very strange, as an additional test we installed a fresh copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 here and installed TimeTrex on it without any issues whatsoever.

The error seems to relate to Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... en&id=5582), but the TimeTrex automated installer is 32bit only, so have you tried installing the 32bit versions of this library? It is bundled with the installer, but for whatever reasons your system isn't picking it up.
jjoelc

Post by jjoelc »

Ahh.. I did download the x64 versions of the VC++ runtimes...

I'm not sure if I will have time to try again today, but I will install the 32 bit versions manually, and give it another try. I'll keep you posted! (And thanks!)
jjoelc

Post by jjoelc »

OK... Got it going.

I did have to install the x86 version of VC++ 2008 (same link you already posted). At that point, the installation NEARLY completed. all worked except installing and starting the apache service. was getting an error that msvcr100.dll was missing.

So I also installed VC++ 2010 (at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=5555 ) and ran the service_install.bat and service_start.bat files. At that point, Apache started up properly and the timetrex install was able to complete successfully.

Not sure why the C++ runtimes were not being seen previously, but it appears that at least in my case, manually re-installing the 32 bit versions 2008 SP1 and 2010 did the trick.

As always, thanks for all the help!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yeah, this is very strange, you will notice that msvcr100.dll is actually in the c:\timetrex\apache2\bin directory, so it should be finding it there and using that instead of needing to install other packages.

Because this will likely be an ongoing issue for you on each upgrade, if possible we would like to investigate this further with you. Would it be possible to do a remote screen session with you? If so please email support@timetrex.com and reference this post, then let us know what day/time would work best for you.
vegastech

Post by vegastech »

Just as a test I installed TT7_CE on a fresh XP Pro x32, on a domain, VMware guest, all updates applied.

1. installed VC 2010 x86
2. installed TimeTrex 7 CE, it failed
3. installed VC 2008 x86
4. re-installed TimeTrex 7 CE (overtop of the failed install), everything works fine

The error messages are from the Event Viewer> System. Essentially all of the same errors other are getting.
Attachments
ttrex_err59b.png
ttrex_err59b.png (11.14 KiB) Viewed 14820 times
ttrex_err59.png
ttrex_err32.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Try install MSVC 2005 as well, see if that makes any difference:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download ... px?id=5638
jjoelc

Post by jjoelc »

Sorry for the big delay in responding... I just thought I'd add some final notes on my case:

Turns out that the tech responsible for installing the upgrade failed to "Unblock" the downloaded installer. Once I unblocked the installer, and made sure to ru it with full privileges, the update and clean install both went through without a hitch. (This was on a mirror of the server, so something may have changed between the time the mirror was taken and the update was actually run... but my guess is still that the troubles amounted to a permissions issue.)

If that changes you being interested in setting up a remote session sometime I understand, but if you are still interested, I'm more than willing to set it up. Just let me know.

and as always, thank you for all you do!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If its working for you now, then all is well. We have made some improvements to the installer to automatically detect missing Microsoft Visual C++ libraries and install them for you automatically now as well, so that should avoid any such problems in the future.