Initializing database, please wait... stuck on 1%

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
kiroge

Initializing database, please wait... stuck on 1%

Post by kiroge »

Hi,
This my fist time to use Timetrex, I have dowloaded the Version: 7.1.2 Edition and started installation. However, on the database configuration Timetrex stuck on 'Initializing database, please wait... stuck on 1%' forever! I used MySql database as DB, the server requirements were all passed OK. Please see attached debug log:

Any one help to resolve the issue would be much appreciated.
Timetrex debug.txt
(964.67 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
shaunw

Re: Initializing database, please wait... stuck on 1%

Post by shaunw »

I don't see any error messages in that log file, check your MySQL error log and see if it says anything.
kiroge

Post by kiroge »

Thanks for your reply. Can you advice where I can find MySQL error log? I have checked in .my.cnf it showing nothing,
kiroge

Post by kiroge »

shaunw wrote:I don't see any error messages in that log file, check your MySQL error log and see if it says anything.
Hi,
I got this MySQL error below from my host server relate to Timetrex installation

130918 13:18:04 [Warning] Aborted connection 14904390 to db: 'decentcl_xxxxx user: 'decentcl_xxxxx' host: 'localhost' (Got an error writing communication packets)
130918 16:11:45 [Warning] Aborted connection 14944487 to db: 'decentcl_people' user: 'decentcl_xxxxx' host: 'localhost' (Got an error writing communication packets)

Is something may help?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

That doesn't appear to be related, could you try the installation again and then check the error log immediately after?
kiroge

Post by kiroge »

shaunw wrote:That doesn't appear to be related, could you try the installation again and then check the error log immediately after?
I don't have immediately access to error logs I will have to ask the server admin to provide to me.

I tried to install again but still stuck on 1% after 20 minutes I'm about to give up. Even all process before I get this stage was also pain not smooth installation at all! Changing directories paths, magic quote off etc.. are not explained on read.txt I have to figure out myself. How much do you charge to install? I can't find this information to your website.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you trying to install TimeTrex on a shared server or hosting environment by chance?
kiroge

Post by kiroge »

shaunw wrote:Are you trying to install TimeTrex on a shared server or hosting environment by chance?
Hi,
on shared server but I have access to php.ini for minor adjustment if needed.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex isn't supported on shared servers, mainly due to all the problems that you are running into, and will continue to run into.