Problem Updating to Latest Version

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
JeffersonKim

Problem Updating to Latest Version

Post by JeffersonKim »

We tried to install an upgrade patch to the latest version a couple weeks ago.

It now functions fine, but we now get this message at the top:

WARNING: TimeTrex application version does not match database version. Please re-run the TimeTrex installer to complete the upgrade process.

We haven't tried rerunning the upgrade out of fear it may mess up our data. Do you think we should just re-run the Executable upgrade and see what happens?

Our system is Windows XP, BTW.

Community Edition, Version 7.0.2.
shaunw

Re: Problem Updating to Latest Version

Post by shaunw »

Can you please attach a screenshot of the Help -> About screen, please do not crop the screenshot.
JeffersonKim

Post by JeffersonKim »

shaunw wrote:Can you please attach a screenshot of the Help -> About screen, please do not crop the screenshot.
See attached.
Attachments
Untitled.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

My guess is you didn't follow the onscreen instructions once the executable installed finished, as that is only phase 1... Phase 2 is to run the TimeTrex installer through your web-browser to complete the upgrade process. There should be a "TimeTrex Installer" icon in your start menu (under the TimeTrex folder), if you run that now it should be fine.
JeffersonKim

Post by JeffersonKim »

shaunw wrote:My guess is you didn't follow the onscreen instructions once the executable installed finished, as that is only phase 1... Phase 2 is to run the TimeTrex installer through your web-browser to complete the upgrade process. There should be a "TimeTrex Installer" icon in your start menu (under the TimeTrex folder), if you run that now it should be fine.
Awesome! I'll give that a shot!
JeffersonKim

Post by JeffersonKim »

shaunw wrote:My guess is you didn't follow the onscreen instructions once the executable installed finished, as that is only phase 1... Phase 2 is to run the TimeTrex installer through your web-browser to complete the upgrade process. There should be a "TimeTrex Installer" icon in your start menu (under the TimeTrex folder), if you run that now it should be fine.
BTW. It worked! You guys are awesome!

Thanks again!