libz.so.l doesn't exist? Installation won't go through

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
custommadename

libz.so.l doesn't exist? Installation won't go through

Post by custommadename »

I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit.

Here's the error message I got:
Error running /home/radomir/TimeTrex/postgresql/bin/initdb -U postgres -E 'UTF-8' --locale='en_US.UTF-8' -D /home/radomir/TimeTrex/postgresql/data/ : /home/radomir/TimeTrex/postgresql/bin/initdb.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I had to try to install 32-bit libraries several ways before it worked. Just typing sudo apt-get install ia32-libs or that with more text after it didn't work. The terms and conditions are so big that they erased my Terminal log.

I tried searching for this, and it seems I need to keep installing more 32-bit libraries.
shaunw

Re: libz.so.l doesn't exist? Installation won't go through

Post by shaunw »

custommadename

Re: libz.so.l doesn't exist? Installation won't go through

Post by custommadename »

Thanks for the quick response! I've moved TimeTrex to a 32-bit single core PC running Lubuntu, and that works except that the OS locks up when I try to set up a static IP address. I don't have the skills to install or to maintain a program installed from source code without automatically set up databases, so I think the best way to go about this is to get another operating system for the intended server. What's a good one to install that won't give me Ubuntu's complications with the program?