Creating 1st ever Admin user - Manual installation on XAMPP

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
rohit

Creating 1st ever Admin user - Manual installation on XAMPP

Post by rohit »

I have installed TimeTrex On-Site Community Edition manually over XAMPP. The installation has been successful but I am not able to log in to the Application. This is because I could not create the 1st ever admin user for the application. Little bit of research on the net told me that the below tables are to be updated with the 1st Admin User record - but none of them could explain it in length:-

Users
Permission Control
Permission User

The above information was received from this thread of the forum [[url]http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtop ... ermissions[/url]]

I have also checked this forum but haven't found a solution to my problem

A handy script and or detailed explanation would help
shaunw

Re: Creating 1st ever Admin user - Manual installation on XA

Post by shaunw »

Did you run the installer in your web-browser as described in the instructions? That walks you through the entire process and in a nice graphical step by step manner.
rohit

Post by rohit »

The problem is - the windows installer goes with Postgre whereas I am trying to install on MySQL. I did not find any Windows installer for MySQL

That is why I had to take the manual installation route. The installation has been successful. If only someone could query their MySQL database and share the relevant records to create the 1st admin for me to log in to the Application
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is no need to do anything directly with the database, when you install from the manual .ZIP file, once the files are copied to your web server directory you need to run the web-based installer as described in the README file (this is completely separate from the Windows executable installer).

That will walk you through the process of creating your company and administrator login.
rohit

Post by rohit »

For some reason, each time I run this installer, the entire code gets wiped off. And to avoid this auto deletion f i set the "installer_enabled = FALSE" the installer does not run. So I am in a fix. Please help
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you happen to set the cache directory in your TimeTrex.ini.php file to the same directory that you installed TimeTrex in? If so, they should be completely different directories.