Red error msg / PHP CLI requirements failed while executing

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
mikepett63

Red error msg / PHP CLI requirements failed while executing

Post by mikepett63 »

Hi, I installed TimeTrex Community version on Ubuntu 12.04 which (after updating libs, and installing 32-bit support libs) went perfectly, no problems reported. I could log in, and perform a time clock successfully. However, I logged in as a non-admin user and saw the red error message indicating that I needed to contact Administration. After researching that, I set installer_enabled=true in the ./TimeTrex/timetrex/timetrex.ini.php file and hit the installer page. A screenshot of the results are attached. I am not sure where to go with this issue to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot of the installer page, with problem in red.
Screenshot of the installer page, with problem in red.
shaunw

Re: Red error msg / PHP CLI requirements failed while execut

Post by shaunw »

I believe this may be a result of a bug that was just recently fixed (but not yet released) in regards to directories with uppercase characters in it. If you rename the following directory:

/home/bugz/TimeTrex

To:

/home/bugz/timetrex

Does it resolve the issue for you?
mikepett63

Post by mikepett63 »

I did try that, however many of the php script paths rely on the camel-case TimeTrex so they quickly failed. I did look at the unattended_upgrade.php script (the one that is failing) and saw it doing a "strtolower(...)" function on the input string (which is the path to the timetrex.ini.php file) and suspect that it might be lower-casing TimeTrex in the path to the file, resulting in the issue. A quick trial to change that did not result in a clean requirements test, however. (And it introduced a checksum problem to boot.) Is there a way to just disable this check, so my users don't see the red message? Thanks again for any help! - Mike
mikepett63

Post by mikepett63 »

I am still experiencing the same issue, now reported by guanaco. My experience is different in that this is a fresh install so the notion of having an invalid timetrex.ini.php file is not an issue since I have not had to update it at all (only to enable "install mode" to get more info on this problem). The line buffer_output=TRUE is in my ini file and the tagname is lowercase as shawnw is suggesting is correct. Again, any help on this matter would be appreciated.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

mikepett63 wrote:I am still experiencing the same issue, now reported by guanaco. My experience is different in that this is a fresh install so the notion of having an invalid timetrex.ini.php file is not an issue since I have not had to update it at all (only to enable "install mode" to get more info on this problem). The line buffer_output=TRUE is in my ini file and the tagname is lowercase as shawnw is suggesting is correct. Again, any help on this matter would be appreciated.
mikepett63, please start a new topic and post a screenshot of the errors you are seeing.

*EDIT: Sorry mikepett63, this was originally your topic, I have moved the other posts to a different topic instead.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please post an updated screenshot of the exact error you are receiving.
mikepett63

Post by mikepett63 »

It has not changed from the initial one I posted, it is the screenshot in the first post.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You mentioned that you modified the unattended_upgrade.php file and removed strtolower(), did that not resolve the original error?

I realize it would have triggered the checksum error, but that is easy to fix as long as the first error is corrected.
mikepett63

Post by mikepett63 »

That's right, the original error remained, plus the new checksum error. All I did was install this software on an Ubuntu 12.04 server, start it up, and while it does seem to work, the end users see this error. Is there a way to simply disable the check instead ? or disable the message ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

v7.3.4 should be released any day now which corrects this issue.
guanaco

Post by guanaco »

hi shaunw, just giving you a heads up. I installed the v7.3.3 on a new folder and almost all my errors went away. I continue to have the base_url error which tells me:

Code: Select all

Base URL: 	Warning: base_url in timetrex.ini.php is incorrect, perhaps it should be "/timetrex7.3.3/interface/" instead. 
I first used the folder "TimeTrex7.3.3" getting the same error with the Capital T's, renamed the folder to "timetrex7.3.3" and the error is still showing. Do you have any idea of what might be causing the issue?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is the exact URL in your web browser when you are on the System Requirements page?

Also can you enable debugging and attach the log file here after you click the "ReCheck" button on the System Requirements page? To enable debugging follow the steps described at the below link, starting at #5 near the bottom:
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=89