Can't log in to updated program

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
rjohns

Can't log in to updated program

Post by rjohns »

I've been using timetrex community 7.1.3 for employees timesheets. It's been bugging me to do the new 7.3.4 update, so I did. After downloaded, it put a new icon on my desktop to log in with, but when I try to use the same log in information I used to on the 7.1.3 version, it says "User Name or Password is incorrect". I even tried resetting my password, and it says "Incorrect Input!
Email address was not found in our database (a)." (my email is robin@hplumbing.net and user id is rjohns). Please help, I'm beyond frustrated.

Thanks,
Robin
shaunw

Re: Can't log in to updated program

Post by shaunw »

When you performed the upgrade, did it ask you to create a username/password by chance?
rjohns

Post by rjohns »

No it did not ask me to create a login.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

During the upgrade process did it prompt you and say it was performing an upgrade, and confirm that you have a backup of your existing database?
rjohns

Post by rjohns »

Yes it did
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is the exact URL in your web browser when you are seeing the "Username or password is incorrect" error message?
rjohns

Post by rjohns »

shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Does the previous (http://server01:8085/interface/flex/) still work?
rjohns

Post by rjohns »

Yes, but its constantly telling me I need to upgrade, and giving me error messages about closing out old pay periods (which I've already closed)...
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Okay, so it would appear that you didn't upgrade the original installation of TimeTrex on your server, instead you installed it on your local computer and created a separate instance of TimeTrex that doesn't have all your original data.

You need to run the upgrade from your server itself to perform the upgrade properly.