TimeTrex automatic upgrade has failed due to a system error!

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
fr4nkie

TimeTrex automatic upgrade has failed due to a system error!

Post by fr4nkie »

I've also been experiencing this issue since upgrading to 7.3.6. I'm running on Ubuntu Server 12.04.4 with Apache v2.2.22/PHP v5.3.10/PostgreSQL 9.3. I tried to reinstall but it only temporarily resolved the error.

Current logs are attached. I think the error is being triggered at line 225 where it shows "Upgrade File URL not available." Any ideas on how I might solve this?
Attachments
timetrex.log
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
shaunw

Re: TimeTrex automatic upgrade has failed due to a system er

Post by shaunw »

The error appears to be "Could not connect to host", which means TimeTrex is unable to connect to our servers to check for the latest version properly, have you had issues with your internet connection in the past?
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

I was having issues with the server connecting to ubuntu software repositories which was resolved by adding our ISP nameservers to the /etc/network/interfaces file. I tried a reinstall of timetrex since that time thinking it was the cause of the problem, but the error has resurfaced today.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

There is definitely some sort of network related issue it appears, but the other question is why does it think there is a new version, since v7.3.6 is the latest... My only guess at this point is that the network problem is maybe causing it to think a new version is available when really it wasn't able to get a result back from our servers.

Either way resolving the network issue should fix the problem, or disabling automatic upgrades completely.
fr4nkie

Post by fr4nkie »

The error seems to have resolved itself after adding the nameservers. Not sure why the error stuck around for a day after reinstall, but it has been absent for about a week. Assuming this will no longer be a problem.