Local Installation of v7.4.4 on Windows

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
dhananjay

Local Installation of v7.4.4 on Windows

Post by dhananjay »

Installing v7.4.4 on Windows Server 2003 Windows SBS

I encountered the following message for all of the files that follow:

Error copying file from packed archive E:/LAN/TimeTrex_Community_Edition_v7.4.4-windows-installer.exe to E:/TimeTrex/postgressql/bin/

libiconv.dll
libxml2.dll
libeay32.dll
postgres.exe
libintl.dll
pg_ctl.exe
ssleay32.dll
libpq.dll

dialog box asked to click a button for retry, abort, or ignore

retry didn't do anything so chose ignore for all of them. Installation continued.

then encountered this message: Unknown error while running E:/TimeTrex/postgressql/scripts/serviceinstall.bat INSTALL

final check took a long time, but seem to be able to login just fine and old data seems intact.

Just FYI for new installer(s) and developers. Feel free to post here if you have additional questions for me about my experience.
shaunw

Re: Local Installation of v7.4.4 on Windows

Post by shaunw »

It sounds like you were trying to upgrade an existing TimeTrex installation that didn't stop properly. I would recommend rebooting and trying the upgrade again.
dhananjay

Re: Local Installation of v7.4.4 on Windows

Post by dhananjay »

The same thing happened to me again when I updated to v8.0.7

I've also noticed that since the last update/upgrade the automatic cron.php hasn't been running from the scheduled tasks. I'm having to run it from the CLI by opening a cmd window.

When I began installation of v8.0.7 it did say stopping TimeTrex services before it began to copy file to the installation directory