Test Environment

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
jolmstead

Test Environment

Post by jolmstead »

I am trying to setup a test environment by installing Timetrex On-Site Community Edition onto a PC, then dropping the database and loading a dump from the live server, but I end up getting a Down for Maintenance error when I restart the Apache server. Any ideas what might be the issue? The full error message is below...

TimeTrex is unable to connect to its database, please make sure that the database service on your own local TimeTrex server has been started and is running. If you are unsure, try rebooting your server.

Thanks,
Jeremy
shaunw

Re: Test Environment

Post by shaunw »

Its likely caused by your database or TimeTrex configuration for the database is incorrect and TimeTrex can't connect to the database (or doesn't have permissions to read/write to the database).
jolmstead

Re: Test Environment

Post by jolmstead »

Thanks for the help. You were right, the timetrex.ini.php file had the wrong port number under the [database] host entry. This allowed me to get in, but then I was unable to log in because it said the password was invalid. I figured out I needed to copy the salt value from the live server timetrex.ini.php file to the test timetrex.ini.php.