Admin Password

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
vncoder

Admin Password

Post by vncoder »

Hello all,

Just installed timetrex but can't seem to log in. What is the admin password?
mikeb

Re: Admin Password

Post by mikeb »

vncoder wrote:Hello all,

Just installed timetrex but can't seem to log in. What is the admin password?
During the installation process TimeTrex asks you to provide a username/password that will become your "admin" username/password.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
vncoder

Post by vncoder »

I've used "timetrex" and "timetrex" as the username/password. However, it doesn't seem to work.

I looked at the table Users inside Postgres, but it is empty.

Also my salt value is set to 0 (zero).
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

vncoder wrote:I've used "timetrex" and "timetrex" as the username/password. However, it doesn't seem to work.

I looked at the table Users inside Postgres, but it is empty.

Also my salt value is set to 0 (zero).
Sounds like the installation process never completely properly. Did you go through all the steps? I believe there is about 7 steps to the installer and the last couple should ask you to enter your company information and user information.

I would try installing TimeTrex again and see if it works the second time around.
vncoder

Post by vncoder »

That's correct -- hasn't installed properly.
Jumped from step 3 to step 7, bypass steps 4-6. I am installing TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.3.0.

I did a clean install several times, the same thing happened each time - skipping step 4-6.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

vncoder wrote:That's correct -- hasn't installed properly.
Jumped from step 3 to step 7, bypass steps 4-6. I am installing TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v1.3.0.

I did a clean install several times, the same thing happened each time - skipping step 4-6.
The installer will do this when it thinks your doing an upgrade, and not a fresh install. Try deleting your TimeTrex database and re-creating it, then re-run the installer.
vncoder

Post by vncoder »

Deleted the database, grab a fresh copy from the zip file.
Got this message instead after step 3:
The requested URL /interface/DownForMaintenance.php was not found on this server.
Checking the path inside the timetrex.ini.php shows
base_url = /timetrex/interface
vncoder

Post by vncoder »

Look like there are some bugs inside the Exception.class.php

./classes/modules/core/Exception.class.php: Redirect::Page( URLBuilder::getURL( NULL, '/interface/DownForMaintenance.php') );
./classes/modules/core/Exception.class.php: Redirect::Page( URLBuilder::getURL( NULL, '/interface/DownForMaintenance.php') );

I changed these two lines to:
./classes/modules/core/Exception.class.php: Redirect::Page( URLBuilder::getURL( NULL, '$base_url/DownForMaintenance.php') );
./classes/modules/core/Exception.class.php: Redirect::Page( URLBuilder::getURL( NULL, '$base_url/DownForMaintenance.php') );

--- edit --
no, doesn't seem to work properly.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

vncoder wrote:Look like there are some bugs inside the Exception.class.php

I changed these two lines to:

--- edit --
no, doesn't seem to work properly.
Thanks for the report this will be fixed in the next version. In the mean time try using this line instead:

Redirect::Page( URLBuilder::getURL( NULL, Environment::getBaseURL().'DownForMaintenance.php') );

Either way, this is only being called because it was getting a fatal error (probably SQL error) of some sort, I would check your error logs.
vncoder

Post by vncoder »

It is fixed.

Did the change but first time it didn't work. Cleaned up again and restart from scratch, it works now.

Thanks.