How do I "serve" the TimeTrex webpage across our network?

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
hmbuhler

How do I "serve" the TimeTrex webpage across our network?

Post by hmbuhler »

I have installed TimeTrex on our company server (Windows Server 2012 r2) and it runs great. But I can't find out how to actually serve the time clock across our computer network, so that people may clock in from other computers. Clearly I'll need to turn on web sharing somewhere, and then need an url to locate the program (and clearly this is not my area of strength). If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative!
amiller030

Re: How do I "serve" the TimeTrex webpage across our network

Post by amiller030 »

Hello,

Did you install it using the .exe file downloaded from TimeTrex? If so, it is already "served". You can figure out the web address to go to by doing an ipconfig on the server and using your internal ip address to access it from other computers on the same network. Just type in the ip address in your web browser and you should be good to go. Just make sure you allow port 80 (or whatever port you set it up to use, 80 is default) in the outgoing and incoming firewall.
Adam Miller
TimeTrex Administrator - New Ulm Robotics
hmbuhler

Re: How do I "serve" the TimeTrex webpage across our network

Post by hmbuhler »

Got it! When you mentioned port 80, that was the clue: I needed to request 8085. Thus, the server address on my network is 192.168.0.8:8085 Hopefully that might help someone else.

Thank you for your help!