Latest TimeTrex Commnunity on FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
Bill Tillman

Latest TimeTrex Commnunity on FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE

Post by Bill Tillman »

I've got TimeTrex installed on my FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE server. I tried to follow the instructions in the README.txt file and it all started out well, but I've seem to hit a snag. The browser window has a small dialog with the word initializing and a progress bar that made it to the far right. But that's where it stalled. I don't seem to have any idea on what to try next. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm running PostgreSQL-9.5 with apache-2.4+php7.0, all installed from the ports collection. Apache and php are working as verified by the php.info page. PostgreSQL seems okay to it's running and showing up in the processes.
shaunw

Re: Latest TimeTrex Commnunity on FreeBSD-10.3-RELEASE

Post by shaunw »

Can you please post a full uncropped screenshot of what you are seeing?
Bill Tillman

Post by Bill Tillman »

Thanks for the assistance. Here is the screen shot of the web page. I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 Pro desktop. The first progress bar starts and quickly fills the length of itself but then it freezes like this indefinitely.
Attachments
TimetrexScreenShot.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please check your Apache/PHP or TimeTrex error logs for more information. There is likely a problem with your setup.
Bill Tillman

Post by Bill Tillman »

I found this in the apache error log file:
[Wed Sep 28 09:05:21.045366 2016] [:error] [pid 6852] [client 10.0.0.8:54421] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/timetrex/interface/html5/global/APIGlobal.js.php:90\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/timetrex/interface/html5/global/APIGlobal.js.php on line 90, referer:10.0.0.254/timetrex/interface/html5/index.php?installer=1&disable_db=1&external_installer=0
Please note that I had to leave the "http://" part off the address because the forum interface kept turning it into an address and truncating it.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please install the PHP JSON extension, this is normally included by PHP out-of-the-box, but for some reason it isn't on your system.
Bill Tillman

Post by Bill Tillman »

Okay, thanks once again for the assistance. I installed the php json extension, along with several others that defaulted with the port. I saw it in the cleanup status lines after the port finished installing.
===> Cleaning for php70-json-7.0.11
So it's in. I then retried the install from a web browser on my desktop and it hit the exact same error as before. And just as before the forum interface keeps turning part of this message into a URL so don't get confused where I substituted the back slashes for forward slashes. The only quick work around I could think of for this...
[Fri Sep 30 11:33:23.223078 2016] [:error] [pid 1894] [client 10.0.0.4:51001] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/timetrex/interface/html5/global/APIGlobal.js.php:90\nStack trace:\n#0 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/www/apache24/data/timetrex/interface/html5/global/APIGlobal.js.php on line 90, referer: http:\\10.0.0.254/timetrex/interface/html5/index.php?installer=1&disable_db=1&external_installer=0
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The extension may be installed, but sometimes you still need to enable it in the php.ini file (or however FreeBSD handles enabling PHP modules).
Bill Tillman

Post by Bill Tillman »

Okay, sorry once again to be such a pest but I really would like to get this working on my internal FreeBSD server before I present it to the clients. Here is what I can tell you I've done.

The json.so extension is supposedly in there. I also added a line for it in the php.ini file and I would get a duplicate. So I took it back out and apparently it works from the extension.ini file, not the php.ini file. I don't pretend to fully understand this so take what I say with a grain of salt. Here are a couple of screenshots from when I run info.php:

When I run attempt to load the page in my newly built Windows 10 with Edge web browser it keeps saying that it can't reach this page. At least a few days ago the script did try to run from another machine using Firefox browser, but tonight it's not even letting me get the install page loaded.

I turned off the firewall on the Windows machine just to be sure but it's still a no go.
Attachments
Json02.png
Json02.png (2.44 KiB) Viewed 9131 times
Json01.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If things have changed, please include your TimeTrex or Apache/PHP error logs as the error is likely different now.