System Check Acceptance Issue

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
bjburrisnc

System Check Acceptance Issue

Post by bjburrisnc »

I cant seem to get past the System Check Acceptance screen. Attached is a screen shot. Running on CentOS 7.
Attachments
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (76.82 KiB) Viewed 11924 times
shaunw

Re: System Check Acceptance Issue

Post by shaunw »

The TimeTrex files and directories specified in the configuration file are not writable by your web server, so you need to make sure you change the permissions such that they are.
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

I have checked and the files are writable.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

You may want to take a look at folders within the file path some of them may not have the right permissions to allow the install to view that folder even though the file has the w/r permission.

for example /var/www/html a non-privileged user may not be able to view the folder required if the permissions have not been changed.
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

Attached is a doc of how I have set up the server from the time of install up to getting the error.
Attachments
Time Clock Install Guide.txt
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

after looking at the file you uploaded check the permission on the /temp folder you may need to adjust permissions to allow read rights to all for that folder.

Also check that all users have read access for /var, /var/www, and /var/www/html folders so timetrex can view the /timetrex folder in the /tmp folder and the in the /var/www/html/ folder. doing this change should resolve your issue with being able to write to that location.

one easy way to check exactly what folders you need change permissions on is to try to go to that folder by cd /var then cd www , then cd html and finally cd timetrex if any or one of those folders gives you a permissions denied you need to edit that folders RWE access to allow at least read access.

or you can do the command i have listed below that would allow read write execute access to all files and subfolders. i would still recommend what i said above before trying to do what is listed below.
chmod -R 777 /var
chmod -R 777 /tmp
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

jarrett125 wrote:after looking at the file you uploaded check the permission on the /temp folder you may need to adjust permissions to allow read rights to all for that folder.

Also check that all users have read access for /var, /var/www, and /var/www/html folders so timetrex can view the /timetrex folder in the /tmp folder and the in the /var/www/html/ folder. doing this change should resolve your issue with being able to write to that location.

one easy way to check exactly what folders you need change permissions on is to try to go to that folder by cd /var then cd www , then cd html and finally cd timetrex if any or one of those folders gives you a permissions denied you need to edit that folders RWE access to allow at least read access.

or you can do the command i have listed below that would allow read write execute access to all files and subfolders. i would still recommend what i said above before trying to do what is listed below.
chmod -R 777 /var
chmod -R 777 /tmp
Same issue after trying both ways.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

i would just double check make sure all folders within those directories got the permissions from doing the chmod -R 777 /tmp and chmod -R 777 /var then run a re-check again.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

chmod -R 777 /var
Please do not run that command, if you do it very well could make your entire system insecure at best and completely break other services at worst.

In most cases, all you need to do is run something like this:

Code: Select all

chown -R <web server user> <file or dir>
For example:

chown -R apache.apache /var/www/html/TimeTrex

chown -R apache.apache /tmp/timetrex
That will should fix things in a secure way without breaking anything else.
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

Still a no go.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please post an updated screenshot showing any differences in the error messages.
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

Here you go.
Attachments
Error2.PNG
Error2.PNG (82.29 KiB) Viewed 11897 times
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Would need to see the permissions of the files in your TimeTrex directory to move forward with this. Either the command you ran didn't actually work, or wasn't the right command, or your system is setup in some other way.

In the mean time, have you considered our free cloud hosted solution instead?
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

No I was not aware of that. How do we get access to it?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I just checked, it looks like you are outside of Canada/United States, so the free Cloud Hosted option wouldn't be available to you unfortunately.
bjburrisnc

Post by bjburrisnc »

We are located in Indiana. Not sure where you got the info.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If you go the following URL, it should give you a choice of signing up for the Cloud Hosted deployment, or downloading the On-Site deployment:
https://www.timetrex.com/download.php
Cenyohual

Post by Cenyohual »

Hello,

Is SELinux enabled? try running

setenforce 0

and verify again, if that work you have to make this change permanent by editing the /etc/selinux/config file, changing the word "enforcing" to "permissive"