Error after Step 3 Database Configuration

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
binomial

Error after Step 3 Database Configuration

Post by binomial »

Hello everyone, noob here so I hope you can help me. After recieving the folowing:

Connection test to your database as a non-privileged user has SUCCEEDED! You may continue.

I'm getting the following page:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1044: Access denied for user: 'dbo110337340@%' to database 'timetrex'] in EXECUTE("CREATE DATABASE timetrex") ' in /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1044, 'Access denied f...', 'CREATE DATABASE...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt)) #1 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(861): ADOConnection->_Execute('CREATE DATABASE...', false) #2 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-datadict.inc.php(269): ADOConnection->Execute('CREATE DATABASE...') #3 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/modules/install/Install.class.php(274): ADODB_DataDict->ExecuteSQLArray(Array) #4 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/interface/install/DatabaseConfig.php(112): Install->createDatabase('timetrex') #5 {main} thrown in /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
I"m stuck here, and appriciate any help :)
mikeb

Re: Error after Step 3 Database Configuration

Post by mikeb »

binomial wrote:Hello everyone, noob here so I hope you can help me. After recieving the folowing:

Connection test to your database as a non-privileged user has SUCCEEDED! You may continue.

I'm getting the following page:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1044: Access denied for user: 'dbo110337340@%' to database 'timetrex'] in EXECUTE("CREATE DATABASE timetrex") ' in /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1044, 'Access denied f...', 'CREATE DATABASE...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt)) #1 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb.inc.php(861): ADOConnection->_Execute('CREATE DATABASE...', false) #2 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-datadict.inc.php(269): ADOConnection->Execute('CREATE DATABASE...') #3 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/modules/install/Install.class.php(274): ADODB_DataDict->ExecuteSQLArray(Array) #4 /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/interface/install/DatabaseConfig.php(112): Install->createDatabase('timetrex') #5 {main} thrown in /homepages/30/d109935991/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
I"m stuck here, and appriciate any help :)
This is a MySQL permission issue, this should help you:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=65
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
binomial

Can someone please explain that to me thank you

Post by binomial »

I have been working with that file for a while now and cannot figure it out.

My domain and mysql are hosted, and have a hostname, username, pwd etc.

Do I need to log into mysql via ssh and enter that cmd, or can I imput it through phpmyadmin? I have can see mysql in my ls folder list, but it comes back that its not a directory?

I'm really confused and could use some step by step instruction. THank you again in advance for the assistance.
mikeb

Re: Can someone please explain that to me thank you

Post by mikeb »

binomial wrote:I have been working with that file for a while now and cannot figure it out.

My domain and mysql are hosted, and have a hostname, username, pwd etc.

Do I need to log into mysql via ssh and enter that cmd, or can I imput it through phpmyadmin? I have can see mysql in my ls folder list, but it comes back that its not a directory?

I'm really confused and could use some step by step instruction. THank you again in advance for the assistance.
You should be able to do both, run the command through phpMyAdmin, or ssh in and run it that way. Your hosting provider may be able to give you specifics on how to execute those commands.
binomial

Here is the following after logging in to my mysql

Post by binomial »

Not sure if I was just suppose to copy and paste the command from http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=65 but this is my result.

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'timetrex'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<MY_PASS>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
ERROR 1045 (00000): Access denied for user: 'dbo187212441@%' (Using password: YES)
mysql>
I'm not sure if I was to change localhost to my db hostname? Again, I am very new to this and really could use a hand.. Thanks.[/url]
mikeb

Re: Here is the following after logging in to my mysql

Post by mikeb »

binomial wrote:Not sure if I was just suppose to copy and paste the command from http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=65 but this is my result.

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'timetrex'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '<MY_PASS>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
ERROR 1045 (00000): Access denied for user: 'dbo187212441@%' (Using password: YES)
mysql>
I'm not sure if I was to change localhost to my db hostname? Again, I am very new to this and really could use a hand.. Thanks.[/url]
Anytime your working with a shared hosting provider they have all sorts of restrictions in place that cause problems with running programs such as TimeTrex. It really isn't recommended to install TimeTrex on a shared hosting provider unless you really know what you're doing.

As I mentioned earlier your best bet is to talk to your provider, they know if you can create databases, or the best way to grant access to programs. Anything I tell you will just be shots in the dark since I don't know what your hosting providers allows or denies.

Of course we can always host TimeTrex for you without all the hassle. Its up to you.
poopa

Post by poopa »

ok, it worked in windows also!
thanks a lot.