Blank Page

Ask your questions regarding TimeTrex installation here.
wayde

Blank Page

Post by wayde »

I have just downloaded the latest version and I am trying to install. I am running PHP 5 and MySQL 5 on Windows 2003. On step three of the installation I get a blank page at http://38.114.19.227/timetrex/interface ... all_schema

I see that 80 tables have been created in the timetrex database. None have any records. I am stuck here.

There are no php errors.

Thanks for your help.
mikeb

Re: Blank Page

Post by mikeb »

wayde wrote:I have just downloaded the latest version and I am trying to install. I am running PHP 5 and MySQL 5 on Windows 2003. On step three of the installation I get a blank page at http://38.114.19.227/timetrex/interface ... all_schema

I see that 80 tables have been created in the timetrex database. None have any records. I am stuck here.

There are no php errors.

Thanks for your help.
Did you check your PHP error log for errors? Getting a blank page almost certainly means there was a PHP error of some sort.

It sounds like some sort of SQL exception to me. So I would try editing classes/core/Exception.class.php and change line:

//adodb_pr($e);

to

adodb_pr($e);

Then try again, this should print any SQL exceptions to the page if their are any.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!
wayde

no errors

Post by wayde »

Just tried that.

There are still no errors and no errors in the php log.
mikeb

Re: no errors

Post by mikeb »

wayde wrote:Just tried that.

There are still no errors and no errors in the php log.
In your PHP.INI file, are errors being logged? Perhaps try enabling display_errors as well. There _is_ an error occuring somewhere, its just a matter of catching it in a log or on the screen somehow.

You can also check the TimeTrex log, see if it has anything useful.
wayde

still no errors

Post by wayde »

PHP errors are being logged to a file. There aren't any from the install however. Also there is nothing interesting in the timetrex log.
wayde

bypassed

Post by wayde »

Okay, since there were no errors and the tables were created, I decided that maybe the problem was just in the redirect to the next page, which is SystemSettings.php.

So after the blank screen I just pointed my browser to systemsettings.php and continued on with the install. It finished and I am able to login.
mikeb

Re: bypassed

Post by mikeb »

wayde wrote:Okay, since there were no errors and the tables were created, I decided that maybe the problem was just in the redirect to the next page, which is SystemSettings.php.

So after the blank screen I just pointed my browser to systemsettings.php and continued on with the install. It finished and I am able to login.
I wouldn't trust that at all, not much can wrong with a redirect. Chances are very likely there is a missing table, or database restriction that you may not notice until you do something that touches it.

In your TimeTrex.ini.php file, set the following:

enable = TRUE
enable_display = TRUE
buffer_output = TRUE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 11

Verbosity setting to 11 will actually disable all redirects, so go the database config page in your browser, and just before you click Next to create tables (delete your database first of course), change the .ini file to above settings, then press Next. This should output several pages of debug information to the screen and hopefully give us a better idea of what is going wrong.

I would also check your MySQL log, see if any errors are appearing in there.
atogunde

Blank Page

Post by atogunde »

Hello,

I have the same problem with my installation. My TimeTrex version is v1.4.0-beta2, my PHP version is v5.2.0. I run on an Apache server on Windows XP.

After Step 3, I get a blank page but my database gets created with the tables but no records.

Below is my PHP error logs:

[29-Dec-2006 10:53:00] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.cron' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("
select *
from cron
WHERE deleted = 0 LIMIT 2147483647")
' in C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', '??????select ?*...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))
#1 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(861): ADOConnection->_Execute('??????select ?*...', false)
#2 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php(490): ADOConnection->Execute('??????select ?*...', false)
#3 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\cron\CronJobListFactory.class.php(40): ADODB_mysql->SelectLimit('??????select ?*...')
#4 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\maint\cron.php(37): CronJobListFactory->getAll()
#5 {main}
thrown in C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
[29-Dec-2006 10:53:17] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.authentication' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication
WHERE session_id = '2755b0d69c95dfe7fef274f758f8fab7'
AND ip_address = '127.0.0.1'
AND updated_date >= 1167403997
")
Stack trace:
#0 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', 'select session_...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))
#1 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(842): ADOConnection->_Execute('select session_...')
#2 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(1418): ADOConnection->Execute('select session_...', Array)
#3 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Authentication.class.php(366): ADOConnection->GetRow('select session_...', Array)
#4 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Authentication in C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
[29-Dec-2006 10:54:00] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.cron' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("
select *
from cron
WHERE deleted = 0 LIMIT 2147483647")
Stack trace:
#0 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', '??????select ?*...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))
#1 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(861): ADOConnection->_Execute('??????select ?*...', false)
#2 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php(490): ADOConnection->Execute('??????select ?*...', false)
#3 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\cron\CronJobListFactory.class.php(40): ADODB_mysql->SelectLimit('??????select ?*...')
#4 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\maint\cron.php(37): CronJobListFactory->getAll()
#5 {main}
thrown in C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
[29-Dec-2006 10:54:20] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.authentication' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication
AND updated_date >= 1167404060
")
Stack trace:
#0 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(886): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 1146, 'Table 'timetrex...', 'select session_...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt))
#1 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(842): ADOConnection->_Execute('select session_...')
#2 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb.inc.php(1418): ADOConnection->Execute('select session_...', Array)
#3 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Authentication.class.php(366): ADOConnection->GetRow('select session_...', Array)
#4 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Authentication in C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78
[29-Dec-2006 10:54:27] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.authentication' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication
AND updated_date >= 1167404067
")
Stack trace:
[29-Dec-2006 10:54:38] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [1146: Table 'timetrex.authentication' doesn't exist] in EXECUTE("select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication
AND updated_date >= 1167404078
")
Stack trace:
#4 C:\www\webroot\timetrex\classes\modules\core\Authentication in C:\www\webroot\timetrex
\classes\adodb\adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78

Please help out
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The PHP error log you posted doesn't show the real problem. All the errors are table doesn't exist errors, therefore we need to find out why all the tables weren't created.

Uncomment line 69 in interface/install/DatabaseConfig.php

Code: Select all

//Debug::setVerbosity(11);
Delete your database and run the installer again.

This should cause a few pages of debug output while its trying to create all the tables. You should be able to see where the first error occurs.

Upgrade to TimeTrex v1.4.0-final before you try again, and what version of MySQL are you running?
fodde

Blank Page before installation

Post by fodde »

I had TimeTrex v.1.12 working. Tried to upgrade to 1.14 but recieved a blank page on ...install/install.php.

Decided to delete the whole previous installation (database was still on demo) and install v1.14. Deleted the database, the folder structure etc.

Followed the instructions for a new installation but gets a blank page on /install/install.php. Not even the database gets created. Settings in timetrex.ini.php is correct.

I can't figure this one out. Any help please.
shaunw

Re: Blank Page before installation

Post by shaunw »

fodde wrote:I had TimeTrex v.1.12 working. Tried to upgrade to 1.14 but recieved a blank page on ...install/install.php.

Decided to delete the whole previous installation (database was still on demo) and install v1.14. Deleted the database, the folder structure etc.

Followed the instructions for a new installation but gets a blank page on /install/install.php. Not even the database gets created. Settings in timetrex.ini.php is correct.

I can't figure this one out. Any help please.
Please look at this FAQ entry: http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
fodde

Post by fodde »

I've read the above post.

Posted the complete error here: http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=136
fodde

Solved

Post by fodde »

My problem is solved, thanks

See this post

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?p=910#910
craicit

Install stops on Install_schema page

Post by craicit »

Hi

I was following this thread and had the same problem with the blank page on page 4.
I made the change below

It sounds like some sort of SQL exception to me. So I would try editing classes/core/Exception.class.php and change line:

//adodb_pr($e);

to

adodb_pr($e);

This gave me a sql login error for the timetrex user. I granted the timetrex user the full database privleges and the install schema worked.

regards

conor