Punch in posts to previous day

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Diggy

Punch in posts to previous day

Post by Diggy »

I've got standard edition installed and configured on a CentOS 4.3 box. This morning I punched in, but My Timesheet showed the punch-in under yesterday's date, rather than today's. Bug?

Diggy
mikeb

Re: Punch in posts to previous day

Post by mikeb »

Diggy wrote:I've got standard edition installed and configured on a CentOS 4.3 box. This morning I punched in, but My Timesheet showed the punch-in under yesterday's date, rather than today's. Bug?

Diggy
Most likely it has to do with your "Day Continuous Time" setting on your pay period schedule. Its probably set too high for your situation. What this setting does is it groups punches within a time period together, mainly for 24/7 operations. For example if an employee punches out for lunch at 11:30pm, and back in at 12:30am on the next day, most companies still consider that the same shift for overtime purposes. So by setting the "Day Continuous Time" it will keep all punches within the specified time on the same day.

Its probably at the default of 18hrs, try setting it to 12hrs. Once you have done that you can click on your punch this morning to edit it, then just hit submit without changing anything. If everything is correct (and there is at least a 12hr gap between punches) TimeTrex should switch the punch to the correct day.
TimeTrex Community Edition is developed and supported by volunteers.
Help motivate us to continue by showing your appreciation!