Time Zone

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
fodde

Time Zone

Post by fodde »

What would the correct syntax be to set the timezone manually in inerface.inc.php.

This is the text as from this file:
//Instead of using timezone names, we could set time_zone = "-08:00";
//This might get around the fact that MySQL doesn't always have timezone data imported.
if ( @$db->Execute('SET SESSION time_zone=\''. $current_user_prefs->getTimeZone() .'\'') == FALSE ) {
//Setting timezone failed, alert user to this fact.

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You shouldn't need to set it manually, that comment is for developers only, it shouldn't affect the use of TimeTrex itself.

What issue are you trying to solve? Does this help by chance?

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=40
fodde

Time ZOne

Post by fodde »

Oh.

The issue I'm trying to reesolve is this error message when trying to log in.
Incorrect Input!

1. Pay Period is Currently Locked, or Date/Time is incorrect.

I've downloaded the updated time zone tables into sql as per forum-topic. I also don't get the time error when logging in anymore, but still this one (above). I've als set the time zone in preferences to etc/gmt +2, I thought it's more generic than Africa/Johannesburg.

I do however still struggle to get the scheduled task right. Apache2triad's php-win is giving the dynamic link library error on another topic.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

1. Pay Period is Currently Locked, or Date/Time is incorrect.
This means the employee is not assigned to a pay period schedule, a pay period is not yet created for the date you entered, or the date format itself that you entered is incorrect. If its a fresh installation chances are its the first two issues.

Have you created a pay period schedule yet?

Another way to check, on the timesheet page near the bottom just above the total tables (paid time, accumulated time) does it say "Employee is not currently assigned to a pay period!"? It should say something like "Pay Period: 12/30/06 to 01/12/07" instead.