Paid Breaks and Barcodes

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lstoumbos

Paid Breaks and Barcodes

Post by lstoumbos »

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to create a policy to allow for paid breaks. Currently we allow 2 breaks both 15 minutes long. First in the morning and the second in the evening after lunch, but not right after. Also if someone goes above their 15 minutes how would I setup the system to deduct from their pay. I would also like it if the person didn't punch out for a break the system would not give them an extra 15 minutes in pay.

Also with the barcodes what kind of setup is required and how would it work? I would love a run down of the procedure for this.

Thank you in advance. :D
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex currently does not have a policy that will allow you to do what you described. Feel free to make a post in our feature request forum describing what you are looking for in more detail though.

Our barcode system is extremely easy to setup. We do require that you purchase our TimeTrex Client Application to interface with the barcode reader so employees can punch in/out, as well as do job costing with barcodes if you require that.

The procedure is as follows, install the Client Application, assign a barcode badge/number to each employee, then start punching in/out.
lstoumbos

Thank you

Post by lstoumbos »

Thank you for the quick reply. I may be looking into it.

Thank you for the open source version as well.