Email notifications

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
fred

Email notifications

Post by fred »

I've readed some topics related to the possibility that TimeTrex could send notifications in certain case :

Email sent to supervisor when an employee verify his timesheet (2008)
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... tification

Email sent to supervisor in case of exception (2006)
http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.ph ... tification
mikeb wrote:
Diggy wrote:It would be very useful if Timetrex would email punch in and punch out reminders to employees after a specified period of time (say, if the workday starts at 8:00 AM, a punch in reminder would be sent at 9:00 AM, etc.). Of course, no reminder would be sent if an employee has scheduled vacation time. Perhaps no reminder would be sent if an employee hasn't punched in for two days, to take sick time into account.

Diggy
The best way to handle this is probably to implement an email notification system based on exception policies. We've had requests to email supervisors when employees under them have triggered exceptions as well, so this method would probably hit two birds with one stone. Not to mention you could then notify staff of any other exception such as neglecting to punch in/out for lunch.

This is of course a reactive notification system and what we notice sometimes is staff will then rely on these emails to punch in, and thus be "late" every day. Customers whose staff are forgetting to punch in we usually recommend they purchase an iButton system that they can place near the door that employees use. This alone reduces the forgetfulness of employees almost completely.

Thanks for the request, we'll add it to the list.
Does thoses features are now part of timetrex in version 3.0.1?
I'm mostly interested that supervisors receives a email notification when the software create an exception for their subordinates.
shaunw

Re: Email notifications

Post by shaunw »

Yes, they have been available for a few years now probably. See the exception policy and hierarchy system.
fred

Post by fred »

Do you know if the email notification is sent automaticaly when the exception is created or once a day ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Email alerts are sent as soon as they possibly can. For some exceptions it is immediately (like punching in early/late, etc...) for others (like missing in/out punches) it may take as long as your maximum shift time for TimeTrex to send the exception as it has to wait in case the employee is taking a really long shift.
fred

Post by fred »

I double checked the Hierarchy Settings + Exception policies

And my supervisors don't receive exception notifications.
Anything wrong in theses settings ?

Note : The forgot password feature works
Attachments
exeption-policy.JPG
hierarchy.JPG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What exception did they not receive an email for? Can you post a screenshot of the timesheet and punch that caused the exception?

Do the supervisors have their email settings enabled under MyAccount -> Preferences to enable Exception Emails?
fred

Post by fred »

the exception was ''Over daily time'' O1 (Shift over 8 hours)

Every Supervisors have their email on file + Email notifications for exceptions is checked.
Is it something related to the smtp mail server ? I upgraded today to version 3.0.2.
I will create a shift over 8 hours to check if the issue was fixed after the upgrade.
Attachments
timesheetfc.JPG
settings-sup.JPG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If the forgot password email is working, then the exception emails should be working as well.

What it may be is that exception emails are only sent out if the exception was caused by the employee actually punching in/out.

So if you were to modify an employees punch as an Administrator to cause an exception to occur, no email will be sent out. Emails are only sent when the employee punches in/out themselves, or if TimeTrex detects an exception during its nightly maintenance.
fred

Post by fred »

The exeption was created, by manualy entering hours in the timesheet (Using a normal user acount)
We are not using The In/Out method because most of our employee have to fill a timesheet at the end of the day (out of the office on day)

Should I get a notification message when an employee modify manualy his timesheet ?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

No, exceptions will not be emailed when punches are manually added/edited/deleted through their timesheet.

If this were the case the employee would get bombarded with bogus exceptions as the supervisor adds or modifies punches.

Take just the simple example of adding two punches on a given day manually, as soon as the first punch is added there is a missing Out Punch exception triggered, but they haven't gotten around to even entering the out punch, so it doesn't make any sense to email this exception to the employee.

This is why exceptions are only emailed when the employee actually punches in/out.
fred

Post by fred »

ok, yes it does make sense considering the other exeptions possible, I agree

As you can see on the screenshots the only 2 rules were using are : Over Daily Time + Over Weekly Time
Do you think the source code can be modified to work around that issue or it's too much complicated ?
So if you were to modify an employees punch as an Administrator to cause an exception to occur, no email will be sent out. Emails are only sent when the employee punches in/out themselves, or if TimeTrex detects an exception during its nightly maintenance.
You said a email can be sent out if TimeTrex detecs an exception during a nightly maintenance. Can I force a nightly maintenance on a daily basis ?(To get email notifications sent)
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Yes, the source code could definitely be modified to have the emails sent out all the time, but that is not something we offer support for unless the question is extremely specific.
fred

Post by fred »

ok, Do you know witch file handle the nightly maintenance..?