Employee Group Tree

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lstoumbos

Employee Group Tree

Post by lstoumbos »

I am trying to set someone as a supervisore but they aren't allowed to view the employees further down the tree. Am I doing something wrong?

(1) Administration
(2) Managers
(3) Pharmacist
(4) Pharmacy Tech
(3) OE Manager
(4) Order Entry
(1) Accounting
(2) Billing Manager
(3) Billing

Now the OE Manager should be able to see the Order Entry employees schedule and modify it, but she is unable to. I have set her permisions as supervisor as well and the Order Entry employees as regular employee.

TT 1.4.1
MySQL 5.0.24a
Linux 2.6.18
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is that a request authorization hierarchy, or a permission hierarchy? If you are trying to restrict which employees a supervisor can see, you must add the permission object to the hierarchy. As well you must use the supervisor (subordinates only) permission preset for each supervisor.
lstoumbos

Post by lstoumbos »

I have tried what you said, but either it doesn't make sense and the manual doesn't help any or it is not working. In the permission hierarchy I have an employee at the top level and other beneath her. She still doesn't have the ability to change the schedule of the employees beneath her.

The hierarchy should work off the "Employee Groups". If an employee is on the tree higher than the other employee that employee should be able to view their schedule and some other information.

I would really appreciate an explanation of how it is supposed to work.

My previous post was of the "Employee Groups"
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Employee groups have nothing to do with permissions, or the hierarchy at all. They are primarily for reporting/filtering purposes.

You want Administration > Company > Authorization Hierarchy. Then add a hierarchy with the "Permission" object selected. Then View this hierarchy and you can build the hierarchy tree from there.
lstoumbos

Post by lstoumbos »

Thank you, that worked. Appreciate the help.