Auto Pilot Option

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lsanchez_gutierrez

Auto Pilot Option

Post by lsanchez_gutierrez »

TimeTrex seems to be very much oriented around the concept of tracking when employees punch-in and punch-out.

However, I believe that many companies would prefer to set standard hours for employees, and then track only deviations from those hours.

For example, I'd like to specify that working hours for "Sally" are 10am - 7pm, Monday-Friday, with 1 hour for lunch. If Sally does not come in one day, or comes in late, then I (Sally's boss) mark an exception. Otherwise, the system should assume that Sally was working.

I assume that after setting the recurring schedule template, you edit the recurring schedule, use the template, leave it with no End Date and click on Auto-Pilot. Will the Auto-Pilot option punch the employees automatically? On page 25 of the TimeTrex Administrator Guide, it says exactly that, but I don't see it working. Have I missed some steps or configured it incorrectly?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Correct, the auto-pilot flag will automatically punch employees in/out as per their schedule. How this works is 20mins after the hour, and 40mins after the hour TimeTrex looks for auto-pilot schedules and if a shift is scheduled to start within 4hrs from the current time, it will automatically punch that employee in/out for their shift. This gives you time to change schedules before they are punched in/out if need be of course.

So your maintenance(cron) jobs must be working correctly first of course.
lsanchez_gutierrez

Post by lsanchez_gutierrez »

Shaun,

In your last post you said:
"So your maintenance(cron) jobs must be working correctly first of course."

What is your recommended configuration for the cron jobs for the Auto-Pilot option?

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

What is your recommended configuration for the cron jobs for the Auto-Pilot option?
The default settings shown during installation.