Authorization problem

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
sanderson

Authorization problem

Post by sanderson »

Issue #1
See the hierarchy print screen. After Lynn verify's her timesheet, it doesn't appear anywhere for authorization. She is Payroll Admin. but reports to Doug (Level 2). How do I make her authorization go to Doug?

Issue #2
After Doug (Level 2) verify's his timesheet, it shows up for Lynn to authorize, but when she selects the authorize button, Doug remains on the Pending timesheet authorization list. Why might it not accept/clear him from the list?

Issue #3
In Lynn and Doug's Employee Edit screens, the 4 Hierarchy fields are blank and when I use the drop down menu to select then submit, my selections aren't taken and the fields remain blank. Why,

Help!!!!!!!! :lol:
Attachments
2.PNG
1.PNG
shaunw

Re: Authorization problem

Post by shaunw »

Please upgrade to v3.0.6 of TimeTrex, as it fixes a bug with the hierarchies that can appear in rare scenarios where you have created/deleted/modified the hierarchies in a specific order.
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

Shaunw,
Please re-examine Issues #2 and #3 from a week or so ago. I fixed #1. We just finished upgrading the software per your suggestion. What do I need to do to solve these? I tired "authorizing" the timesheets but they won't do away.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is Doug assigned to a hierarchy as a suborindate rather than just a supervisor? If so, please send a screenshot of that hierarchy, if not, then that needs to be setup.
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

I'm back.

Doug was not set up as a subordinate, so I created the one below named President.

I have also included screen shots of the other Hierarcies that involve Doug and Lynn as well as the Authorization List's for Doug and Lynn. All of the listings on the Authorization Lists will not "clear" when the authorization buttom is selected. Which of these need to be modified or deleted?
Attachments
Lynn's Authorization List.PNG
Doug's authorization list.PNG
Lumber Traders Hierarcy.PNG
Doug and Lynn Hierarcy.PNG
President hieracry.PNG
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is this happening just for TimeSheet authorizations, or requests too?

If you decline instead of authorize, does the item go away?

Have you tried submitted a new request and seeing if you can authorize that and have it go away once you've done so?

Issues can arise if you significantly modify hierarchies while requests/timesheets are pending authorization, so I'm wonder if this is what the issue is.
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

The Requests won't go away either, via "Authorize" or "Decline".
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Is it possible for you to email support@timetrex.com a copy of your most recent SQL backup file so we can do some testing on it here?
sanderson

Post by sanderson »

Yes we will, it will be from our IT Manager, Damien Hare.
Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We received your SQL file and were able to replicate the issue for ourselves. I passed this on to our developers and they have since fixed the issue which will be included in the next version of TimeTrex, due out sometime next week.
pribis

Post by pribis »

I have 3.0.8 up and running. How in the world does one authorize requests? I have myself as a subordinate to a hierarchy (called Admin) that has the request object selected, but that makes no difference. I have a ton of requests I can't do anything with (decline, authorize, etc).

I have also made myself the "Superior" in the hierarchy to no avail. On the Admin->Authorization screen I see "Level 1" highlighted light blue, meaning that I'm a part of that level, but no requests appear even though there are a bunch of them "Pending Authorization".

Thanks,
brian
Last edited by pribis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You need to be assigned to a hierarchy as a superior, and each of the employees that you want to authorize requests for must be assigned to the same hierarchy as subordinates, as well you must also been assigned to a supervisor or higher permission group. Once all those are done, you can go to Admin -> Authorization to see pending requests.
pribis

Post by pribis »

Oh....ok. That works. Thanks a lot!

brian