2nd pay period closing problem

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ignus

2nd pay period closing problem

Post by ignus »

Hi,

Thanks to Mike we got the pay period closed now, ie, the first pay period. Now we have a second problem, and that is the fact it doesn't assign everybody to the next pay period.
When I go to view/edit the pay period, it now lists the first one as CLOSED, and there is a second one, but it's status is "N/A".
All employees associated with the pay period has a "Employee is not currently assigned to a pay period" after the initial one(which says that it's locked) on the "My TimeSheets" screen.

I waited overnight to see if the cron just needed to be ran, but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm guessing it's an easy fix, but I've tried everything I can find in here.

Here's the pay period list:
1 Ignus bi-weekly Bi-Weekly N/A 2006-12-17 0:00 2006-12-30 23:59 2006-12-30 23:59
2 Ignus bi-weekly Bi-Weekly CLOSED 2006-12-02 23:59 2006-12-16 23:59 2006-12-16 23:59

The odd part to me is that the newer payperiod is listed as #1..

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ole
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Pay periods with the status "N/A" mean they don't actually exist in the database. Thats just what would exist if the maintenance job runs and adds the pay period (48hrs before its start date). The pay periods are shown in reverse order by date, so that is nothing to be concerned about.

Make sure your cron jobs are running correctly without errors. Since the pay period start date should be Jan 17th and we are well past that we may need to manually intervene. The easiest is to set the system clock back to Jan 16th and run maint/AddPayPeriod.php manually, but that is not always possible.