Upgrade gone to hell!!

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
poopa

Upgrade gone to hell!!

Post by poopa »

Hi
After upgrading to version 1.4.3 from 1.3.1 according to the instructions on the readme file no one can login. they all get password error. including the admin.

I have access to the db using a sql enterprise manager look-a-like
Please help me as soon as possible!

thanks.

using mysql
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

How did you upgrade the TimeTrex files? Did you copy the timetrex.ini.php from your old TimeTrex version to your new one? The timetrex.ini.php has a line that looks like:

salt = AFFJD98989F9FDS8F9F

That line is used to encrypt data within the TimeTrex database so it is essential that you back it up and keep it exactly the same as you upgrade from version to version of TimeTrex. If not, all passwords will fail and in the Professional edition you will lose access to all encrypted data. This is intended as a security feature.

If you lost the salt line, you can always use the "forgot password" button on the login page to have a new password emailed to you.
poopa

Post by poopa »

Darn!
I did not back it up.
I tried to use the forgot password but i didnt get any email.
any other way?
how exactly does it send the email? I dont remember configuring any smtp account.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It uses PHPs built in mail() command. You can access the database directly to confirm the email addresses in the "users" table are correct. You want to access the account of the administrator first, then the administrator can edit the passwords of all the other employees.
poopa

Post by poopa »

I did exactly that
the email is correct
the app told me to wait for a mail but i didnt get any.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can enable logging to a file as explain http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89, except use verbosity level 10. Then go through the "forgot password" procedure again, TimeTrex will write the email it sends to the log, search for "Email Report".

From there you can obtain the password reset link/key.

Alternatively you can obtain the password reset key from the "users" table and point your browser to:

ForgotPassword.php?action=password_reset&key=<PASSWORD RESET KEY FROM YOUR DB>
poopa

Post by poopa »

OK it worked.
Thanks!

Something got really screwed though with the pay periods.
when u make a report it calculated the time in correctly.

for example if i make a report for january, in the otals i also see december.
february looks ok though.

I guess you can understand better if u login.

http://castlelogic.no-ip.org/
z****:z****
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please start a new topic, and provide much more detail. What report are you referring to, whats the exact criteria you are using? What are you seeing, etc...
StAugIT

Post by StAugIT »

A note to the poster and postee:

If this is your live installation, this is extremely dangerous to post your username and password because people could log in and edit your information, if its not that is cool, but the moderator should either delete the post if it is indeed your live installation. Just trying to make sure no one gets messed with!
--------------------
Atlantique Press
St. Augustine Florida
poopa

Post by poopa »

yeah i know thanks.
I didnt mind posting it bcz there was nothing interesting there so no damage could be done, besides, i changed the password the day after.