Work Hour Total

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
blah2

Work Hour Total

Post by blah2 »

I'm running the latest version of timetrex and have been messing around w/ the system to work out different work scenarios. I was having problems w/ the calculation of an employees hours worked in a week and was not able to adjust/change the hourly total for a specific date. I've tried all sorts of things to get this day to properly adjust the correct amount of time worked for that day and would be appreciative of any help or ideas on how to correct this problem.

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We would be happy to help. However please take a look at this FAQ entry so we can have the best possible chance of helping you out.

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
blah2

Post by blah2 »

I'm a non-technical user so some of the terms in the FAQ are pretty much foreign to me.

I know that I'm using Windows XP and have no idea what the rest of the info is asking for.

I was simply adjusting the hours worked per day. For whatever reason, the Wednesday of the week I was working on, was not calculated in the total hours of the week. Also, there was a "can not verify" message in the lower left corner of the screen.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The totals at the bottom of the TimeSheet page aren't totals for the week, they are actually totals for the pay period. So if you look just above the totals, you should see a row that says something like:

Pay Period: 09-Mar-07 to 24-Mar-07

This tells what pay period you are currently in based on the selected day (highlighted blue), and that is what the totals are for, the entire pay period. So if the pay period ends on a wednesday, it won't be included in the totals unless you change to the pay period that includes that wednesday.

Hopefully that helps clarify things for you.
blah2

Not the case

Post by blah2 »

I don't think I was being clear w/ what my problem is. When looking at "My timesheet" page, I have the pay period set up for Monday thru Friday (dates are from 2/26-3/9). Wednesday (2/28) does not calculate into the Total Time worked for the entire pay period. I didn't press or change any stipulations, but for whatever reason, this day no matter what I do to the hours, just does not get accounted for (like it does not exist) Hopefully, this is a bit more clear.

Thanks again for any help
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Do hours on the day after (thursday) get accounted in the totals?

Is it possible for you to email support@timetrex.com login information to your TimeTrex installation so we can take a look?
blah2

Post by blah2 »

All other days are accounted for correctly, I can email the support the info they need
Das Goat

Not picking up Over time

Post by Das Goat »

Server 2003, TT 1.6.6, PHP 5, MySQL 5

I do not seem to be picking up the over time either. > Overtime Policy List > Edit Overtime Policy seems to be set to Type "Weekly", Active After "Over 40", rate 1.5, Stub Account "Overtime", Accrual Account "None"

Is there another place I am supposed to link this to? I don't have a place add employees to an "overtime" list. I tried the trick of recalculating the employee, but it didn't make a difference.

Also, it doesn't appear that the vacation time is accruing.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please see section 3.1 of Help -> Administrator Guide.
Das Goat

Overtime not calculating

Post by Das Goat »

3.1 Policy Group
Policy Group List > Edit Policy Group
(policy has been named and employees are assigned)

3.2 Schedule Policy
(created one, but under the "overtime" drop box, there are no options)

3.3 Rounding (currently not needed)
3.4 Meals (currently not needed)

3.5 Accrual Policy
> Accrual Policy List
Vacation Accrual set to standard (it is not clear what standard is, so I changed it to calender based)

3.6 Overtime Policy
> Overtime Policy List
(policy created and no place to assign employees)

3.7 Premium Policy (currently not needed)

3.8 Absence Policy
> Absence Policy List
Created Vacation Accrual Release and
Unpaid Sick time

3.9 Exception Policy (currently not needed)
> Holiday Policy List
Checked all of these settings. Everything looks fine

I looked at an employee, recalculated his card, and still there was no over time.

One thing I was wondering. We are not currently using the schedule. Is it possible that my error is related to the fact the it appears that everyone is working "unscheduled" time?
Das Goat

Not picking up Over time

Post by Das Goat »

Scratch that, it just so happens that that particular employee DOES have a schedule. A re-acuring one I set up.

I'm mystified. :shock:
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you email your TimeTrex URL and login/password to support@timetrex.com so we can login and take a look?
Das Goat

Post by Das Goat »

sure! um, can you tell me which ports I have to forward? Can it be something like http://my.server.ip.address:75 or something like that? is there a How To file for that sort of thing?

Also, I mentioned on another thread that now that i have a clue about what I am doing, i was thinking about installing everything all over again, including MySQL. That way I could start with a spanking new system. Is there any easy way to go about this other than un-installing MySQL?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can simply delete the database itself within MySQL, there is no need to reinstall MySQL itself. You can also just install TimeTrex to a different database within MySQL.

Keep in mind re-installing may or may not fix the issue.

As far as port forwarding goes, usually it is port 80, but it all depends on your setup.