Total Time won't Calculate

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jockboy6

Total Time won't Calculate

Post by jockboy6 »

I'm running 1.5.1 and using xampp for PHP and SQL and I can't see to get the Total Time Calculated in my timesheet or when I run reports. I've clicked on the Recalculate Employee dropdown and hit submit and it still doesn't calculate how long someones worked. My cron job is working correctly.

Any Ideas?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

At the bottom of the timesheet page, right above the total time tables does it say:
Employee is not assigned to a Pay Period Schedule
If so, you need to create a pay period schedule and assign the employee to it. When you are creating the pay period schedule I recommend setting the "Create Initial Pay Periods From: " setting to 2-4weeks before you started using TimeTrex as to ensure all dates are covered by a pay period.
jockboy6

Post by jockboy6 »

I did have a pay period set up but it wasn't set up to start 2 weeks ahead of time. If I just change the start date will that work or will I have to create a new pay period, migrate the users over and then delete the old pay period?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Really, you only need to have a the pay period start on the same day as employees punch in/out, we just recommend going a little earlier "just in case". If thats the case for you though, there is no need to create additional pay periods.

So are you saying that the employee that does not have totals is in fact assigned to a pay period for the proper date range? Was he assigned to the pay period at a later date by chance?
jockboy6

Post by jockboy6 »

They might have been added after the pay period started. I think I created it on 4/1 and then added the users 4/2 or 4/3. Is that the issue? How do I fix it?

I also noticed that on My Timesheet - under the totals it says "Pay Period: NONE"

Mike
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

"Pay Period: NONE"
Yes, that is the issue. What you need to do is this:

1. Go to Administration -> Payroll -> Pay Period Schedule
2. Click "View" beside your pay period schedule
3. Starting at the earliest (bottom) of the pay period list, on EACH and every pay period, click "View", then click "Import".

This will import any unassigned days/punches into each pay period.

This procedure is only required in cases where an employee is not assigned to a pay period, and you start adding punches to their timesheet, then later assign them to a pay period. Or in cases where you may be changing pay period schedules.

Once you have finished this, you should see:
"Pay Period: NONE"
change to something like:
"Pay Period: 25-Mar-07 to 08-Apr-07"
The date range shown after "Pay Period" is the date range the totals are calculated over.
jockboy6

Post by jockboy6 »

Almost there , . . . We got the pay period to display on the Timesheet but the hours didn't get calculated still. I recalculated the employee but it did not set up the total.

Code: Select all

Sun  	 Mon  	 Tue  	 Wed  	 Thu  	 Fri  	 Sat
Apr 1 	Apr 2 	Apr 3 	Apr 4 	Apr 5 	Apr 6 	Apr 7
In 	
	8:35 AM 	8:43 AM 	8:44 AM 	
Out 	
In 	
Out 	
	5:38 PM 	5:34 PM 	

Accumulated Time
Total Time 	00:00 	00:00 	00:00 	00:00 	00:00 	00:00 	00:00
Pay Period: 04/01/2007 to 04/16/2007
Any other ideas?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It appears that you have "gaps" in your punches. All punches in TimeTrex must be "paired" in order to be totaled. For example:

In: 8:00 AM
Out: <blank>
In: <blank>
Out: 5:00PM

TimeTrex can't produce a total because their are missing punches to fill in the blanks, it should look like this:

Out: 5:00 PM

or:

Out: 12:00 PM
In: 1:00 PM
Out: 5:00PM

The reason those gaps exist is usually because your Daily Continuous Time is incorrect in your pay period schedule. The daily continuous time should normally be around 12hours, what is yours set to?
jockboy6

Post by jockboy6 »

My Daily start time is 08:30 and the continuous Time is 08:00 under the Pay Period Schedule.

Should I change it to 12:00? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I wouldn't use 8:30 as your daily start time for pay periods. This means that if someone punches in at 8:00AM on the day your pay period switches, it will place those hours on the previous pay period. In 99.9% of the cases you want:

Daily Start Time: 00:00
Daily Continuous Time: 12:00

Once you changed that, you will need to eliminate the gaps in your punches as I described, and once that is done TimeTrex should start calculating your totals.
jockboy6

Post by jockboy6 »

Gotcha, once I made those changes and deleted the gaps it now produces the correct totals.

Thanks!