PHP update broke TimeTrex

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Batrams

PHP update broke TimeTrex

Post by Batrams »

Hi - I'm running a Slackware 12.0 machine. A recent security update changed PHP from 5.2.3 to 5.3.8. That broke TimeTrex. Apache error log was full of stuff like

Code: Select all

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function bcadd() in /var/www/htdocs/TimeTrex/classes/modules/core/UserDateTotalFactory.class.php on line 1389
Reverting PHP got things working again, but I'm curious if anyone knows how I can fix this. I'd like to update PHP to the newer version.
shaunw

Re: PHP update broke TimeTrex

Post by shaunw »

bcadd() is a function from the bcmath PHP extension. Its likely that your PHP upgrade caused this extension to no longer be installed or to be disabled.

If you upgrade PHP again, we recommend going through the TimeTrex installer and it will alert you to any issues with PHP without harming your data or settings whatsoever.
Batrams

Post by Batrams »

Hi - I tried that, but the installer would not run under the newer PHP. Just got a white screen and a bunch of apache error log entries.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

TimeTrex works fine with PHP v5.3.X, in fact I'm running PHP v5.3.5 on my test system right now without any problems. So there is something in your upgrade process that is breaking your PHP installation.