Maternity and Incapacity Leave

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
lsanchez_gutierrez

Maternity and Incapacity Leave

Post by lsanchez_gutierrez »

TimeTrex has a Record of Employment section. I have seen you can add a Maternity Leave (F) and Incapacity Leave(D).

Is this ROE just to disable scheduling options and timesheet punches? How does this feature work. In my case I wish to add a Maternity Leave for one of my employees, is her wage going to be fully payed and processed in TimeTrex, Costa Rican law establishes 100% salary for the maternity leave.

I also have a case of an employee that is very ill, he requested an incapacity leave due to sickness. The Social Security Administration will pay for part of his monthly salary during the abscemce, 30% if less than one week, 60% if less than 3 months and 100% if his leave lasts more than one year. How can I solve this payment issue, who pays and how much? Is there something for this case built in TimeTrex?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The Record of Employment (ROE) is primarily for Canada, I wouldn't use it if you are outside of Canada.

As far as paid leave is concerned, there are several ways to handle that within TimeTrex.

One way is to create a "Maternity Leave" or "Illness Leave" pay stub earning account, and just setup recurring pay stub amendments (or regular PS amendments) to pay them the proper amount for a specific period of time, or until they return.

Another method would be to put them on a auto-pilot schedule and just keep paying them as if they were still working.

Yet another method is to manually add absence time to each employees timesheet that would then get paid out according to the policies you have configured. This method can be cumbersome if the leave is more then a couple weeks.

It depends which method works best for your situation(s).
lsanchez_gutierrez

I won't use ROE for the Costa Rican Leaves.

With your last post I can now have TimeTrex keep on paying the employees that are on Leave. There is still one more concern. In my first post I explained that part of the salary is payed by the employer and Social Security Administration. Does TimeTrex have a feature in which I can setup that 40% of the salary paid by the employer as "Regular Earnings" and the reamining 60% "Social Security Administration"?

Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Not automatically but you could try to use the Tax/Deduction system to do it in part.
lsanchez_gutierrez

You wrote:
"One way is to create a "Maternity Leave" or "Illness Leave" pay stub earning account, and just setup recurring pay stub amendments (or regular PS amendments) to pay them the proper amount for a specific period of time, or until they return."

I created the Pay Stub Account (Earning - Maternity) and a Pay Stub Ammendment, but it says either a fixed/percentage of another account. I I say Maternity is 100% of Regular Earnings, it doubles to persons wage. How can I change a Regular Earnings to Maternity so the Pay Stub displays that persons Earnings as Maternity not Regular?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You will need to use a fixed amount.

If there are no hours in their TimeSheet they won't get any regular earnings, TimeTrex will just see the PS amendment for maternity leave and pay them that amount.