Cannot add punches on mondays

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ahbeyra

Cannot add punches on mondays

Post by ahbeyra »

Using the MyTimeSheet, i cannot add punches to mondays. The cell remains blank. I set verbosity to 11 and didnt get any errors at all. I can add any time i want to any other day as much as i want, but i just cant add anything to mondays. I havent tried to have someone actually punch in, mainly because it hasnt been monday yet. But if it is unresolved until then, i will let you know if that works. I am just clueless as to what could cause that. Everything else is perfectly functional and quite excellent. anyway, thanks for your time.

-Kelley
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please follow this FAQ entry:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89
ahbeyra

Try again...

Post by ahbeyra »

1. Ok, In the administrators account, when I access My TimeSheet what ever the users specified "Start weeks on" day is... has empty cells. Despite actually having hours. For example, if i add punches on monday, and that is the beginning of the week, they wont appear, but if i set it to sunday, then the punches on monday appear in the cells and the punches on sunday disappear. but are still counted in timesheet summary and wages payable and all the reports.

2. The exact steps i did was... set week starts on to monday.. clicked the cell, added a punch, clicked the next cell down and added an out punch. Neither of which appeared after submitting. set week start to sunday. they appeared. no errors, no nothing. just doesnt display.

3. I am running the standard version 1.6.4.

4. I am running PHP 5.2.1 (cli).

5. I am running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn i386

6. I am running Server version: Apache/2.2.3

7. My error log is empty. As far as anything that has to do with timetrex.

8. There was no relevant things that i noticed, but i dont know anything anyway, so here it is...

Code: Select all

(mysqlt): SET SESSION sql_mode='ansi'   (mysqlt): select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication WHERE session_id = '7fb560b58153ff1a65c8d6eab108e3aa' AND ip_address = '127.0.0.1' AND updated_date >= 1178390424   (mysqlt): update authentication set updated_date = 1178404824 where session_id = '7fb560b58153ff1a65c8d6eab108e3aa'   (mysqlt): SET SESSION time_zone='America/New_York'   (mysqlt): select * from station where company_id = '1' AND station_id = '328ff2e2a42637ff919136a2e633512d' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from cron WHERE deleted = 0 ORDER BY last_run_date DESC LIMIT 1   (mysqlt): SELECT count(*) FROM message as a LEFT JOIN users as d ON a.object_type_id = 5 AND a.object_id = d.id LEFT JOIN request as b ON a.object_type_id = 50 AND a.object_id = b.id AND b.deleted=0 LEFT JOIN user_date as c ON b.user_date_id = c.id AND c.deleted = 0 WHERE a.object_type_id in (5,50) AND a.status_id = 10 AND ( ( c.user_id = '1' OR d.id = '1' OR a.parent_id in ( select parent_id FROM message WHERE created_by = '1' AND parent_id != 0 ) OR a.parent_id in ( select id FROM message WHERE created_by = '1' AND parent_id = 0 ) ) AND a.created_by != '1' ) AND a.deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select d.severity_id as severity_id, count(*) as count from exception as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN exception_policy as d ON a.exception_policy_id = d.id LEFT JOIN pay_period as e ON b.pay_period_id = e.id where b.user_id = '1' AND b.date_stamp < '2007-05-05 00:00:00' AND e.status_id = 10 AND NOT EXISTS ( select z.id from request as z where z.user_date_id = a.user_date_id AND z.status_id = 30 ) AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 AND e.deleted=0) GROUP BY d.severity_id ORDER BY d.severity_id desc   (mysqlt): select * from permission where company_id = '1' AND user_id in (-1, '1' ) AND deleted = 0 ORDER BY company_id ASC, user_id ASC    /tmp/timetrex//3b/adodb_3b36094360e60c1880e87148d5d4fcf6.cache reloaded, ttl=73997 [ select * from user_generic_data where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from user_generic_data where user_id = '1' AND script = '/timetrex/interface/timesheet/ViewUserTimeSheet.php' AND is_default = 1 AND deleted = 0 order by updated_date desc   (mysqlt): SELECT a.object_id, a.parent_id, a.left_id, a.right_id, count(b.object_id)-1 as level FROM user_group_tree a LEFT JOIN user_group_tree b ON a.tree_id = b.tree_id AND a.left_id BETWEEN b.left_id AND b.right_id WHERE a.tree_id = '1' AND a.object_id = 0 GROUP BY a.object_id, a.left_id, a.object_id, a.parent_id, a.right_id   (mysqlt): SELECT object_id FROM user_group_tree WHERE tree_id = '1' AND parent_id = -1 LIMIT 1   (mysqlt): SELECT a.object_id, a.parent_id, a.left_id, a.right_id, count(b.object_id)-1 as level FROM user_group_tree a LEFT JOIN user_group_tree b ON a.tree_id = b.tree_id AND a.left_id BETWEEN b.left_id AND b.right_id WHERE a.tree_id = '1' AND a.object_id = '0' GROUP BY a.object_id, a.left_id, a.object_id, a.parent_id, a.right_id   (mysqlt): SELECT a.object_id, a.parent_id, count(b.object_id)-1 as level FROM user_group_tree a LEFT JOIN user_group_tree b ON a.tree_id = b.tree_id AND a.left_id BETWEEN b.left_id AND b.right_id WHERE a.tree_id = '1' AND b.left_id >= '0' AND b.right_id <= '1000' AND a.object_id != '0' GROUP BY a.object_id, a.parent_id, a.left_id ORDER BY a.left_id   (mysqlt): select * from branch where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from department where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from hierarchy_object_type as a, hierarchy_control as b, hierarchy_object_type as c where a.hierarchy_control_id = b.id AND a.hierarchy_control_id = c.hierarchy_control_id AND b.company_id = '1' AND c.object_type_id = 100 AND b.deleted = 0   /tmp/timetrex//0e/adodb_0e9afd8cfc1db9db627f8c51a5b08c65.cache reloaded, ttl=73996 [ select * from users where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select a.* from users as a LEFT JOIN branch as b ON a.default_branch_id = b.id LEFT JOIN department as c ON a.default_department_id = c.id LEFT JOIN user_group as d ON a.group_id = d.id LEFT JOIN user_title as e ON a.title_id = e.id where a.company_id = '1' AND a.deleted = 0 order by status_id asc,last_name asc,first_name asc,middle_name asc   /tmp/timetrex//0e/adodb_0e9afd8cfc1db9db627f8c51a5b08c65.cache reloaded, ttl=73996 [ select * from users where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from users where company_id = '1' AND id in ('2') AND deleted = 0 order by status_id asc,last_name asc   (mysqlt): select * from users where company_id = '1' AND id in ('2') AND deleted = 0 order by status_id asc,last_name asc   (mysqlt): SET AUTOCOMMIT=0   (mysqlt): BEGIN   /tmp/timetrex//3b/adodb_3b36094360e60c1880e87148d5d4fcf6.cache reloaded, ttl=73996 [ select * from user_generic_data where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from user_generic_data where user_id = '1' AND script = '/timetrex/interface/timesheet/ViewUserTimeSheet.php' AND is_default = 1 AND deleted = 0 order by updated_date desc   (mysqlt): select id,user_id,script,name,is_default,data,created_date,created_by,updated_date,updated_by,deleted_date,deleted_by,deleted,company_id from user_generic_data where id = 2   (mysqlt): UPDATE user_generic_data SET IS_DEFAULT=0, UPDATED_DATE=1178404825 WHERE id = 2   (mysqlt): update system_log_id_seq set id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1);   /tmp/timetrex//ab/adodb_ab351cbfe58e0c708f497c6b2de1ba0b.cache reloaded, ttl=73960 [ select object_id,action_id,table_name,user_id,description,date,id from system_log where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): INSERT INTO system_log ( OBJECT_ID, ACTION_ID, TABLE_NAME, USER_ID, DESCRIPTION, DATE, ID ) VALUES ( 2, 20, 'user_generic_data', 1, 'User/Company Generic Data', 1178404825, 1617 )   (mysqlt): select id,name,company_id,user_id,script,data,is_default,updated_date,updated_by from user_generic_data where id = 2   (mysqlt): UPDATE user_generic_data SET IS_DEFAULT=1 WHERE id = 2   (mysqlt): update system_log_id_seq set id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1);   /tmp/timetrex//ab/adodb_ab351cbfe58e0c708f497c6b2de1ba0b.cache reloaded, ttl=73960 [ select object_id,action_id,table_name,user_id,description,date,id from system_log where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): INSERT INTO system_log ( OBJECT_ID, ACTION_ID, TABLE_NAME, USER_ID, DESCRIPTION, DATE, ID ) VALUES ( 2, 20, 'user_generic_data', 1, 'User/Company Generic Data', 1178404825, 1618 )   (mysqlt): COMMIT   (mysqlt): SET AUTOCOMMIT=1   Smart Commit occurred
(mysqlt): select * from user_date where user_id = '2' AND date_stamp = '2007-04-30 00:00:00' AND deleted = 0 ORDER BY id ASC   (mysqlt): select a.* from pay_period as a, pay_period_schedule as b, pay_period_schedule_user as c where a.pay_period_schedule_id = b.id AND a.pay_period_schedule_id = c.pay_period_schedule_id AND c.user_id = '2' AND a.start_date <= '2007-04-30 00:00:00' AND a.end_date >= '2007-04-30 00:00:00' AND a.deleted=0 AND b.deleted=0   (mysqlt): select * from pay_period where id = '2' AND deleted=0   (mysqlt): select name FROM bread_crumb WHERE user_id = '1' AND name = 'My TimeSheet' LIMIT 1   (mysqlt): UPDATE bread_crumb SET url = '/timetrex/interface/timesheet/ViewUserTimeSheet.php', created_date = 1178404825 WHERE user_id = '1' AND name = 'My TimeSheet'   (mysqlt): select a.*, c.date_stamp as user_date_stamp, b.note as note from punch as a, punch_control as b, user_date as c, users as d where a.punch_control_id = b.id AND b.user_date_id = c.id AND c.user_id = d.id AND d.company_id = '1' AND c.user_id = '2' AND c.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND c.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 AND c.deleted = 0 ) ORDER BY a.time_stamp asc, a.status_id desc, a.punch_control_id asc   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as user_date_stamp from user_date_total as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN over_time_policy as d ON a.over_time_policy_id = d.id where c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 10 AND a.type_id != 40 AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 ) ORDER BY b.date_stamp asc, a.status_id asc, a.type_id asc, d.type_id desc   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as user_date_stamp from user_date_total as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN over_time_policy as d ON a.over_time_policy_id = d.id LEFT JOIN absence_policy as e ON a.absence_policy_id = e.id LEFT JOIN punch_control as f ON a.punch_control_id = f.id where c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND a.type_id != 40 AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND a.status_id in (20,30) AND ( e.type_id is NULL OR e.type_id = 10 ) AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 AND (f.deleted=0 OR f.deleted is NULL) ) ORDER BY b.date_stamp asc, a.status_id asc, a.type_id asc, d.type_id desc   /tmp/timetrex//c2/adodb_c26f0004b4d74a9a1126c0f3e4e36dec.cache reloaded, ttl=73974 [ select * from premium_policy where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from premium_policy as a where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0 order by type_id asc   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as user_date_stamp from user_date_total as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN over_time_policy as d ON a.over_time_policy_id = d.id where c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 10 AND a.type_id = 40 AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 ) ORDER BY b.date_stamp asc, a.status_id asc, a.type_id asc, d.type_id desc   /tmp/timetrex//07/adodb_07da2a118c1d8d1691581f55510b314b.cache reloaded, ttl=74065 [ select * from absence_policy where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from absence_policy as a where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0 order by type_id asc   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as user_date_stamp from user_date_total as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN over_time_policy as d ON a.over_time_policy_id = d.id where c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 30 AND a.type_id != 40 AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 ) ORDER BY b.date_stamp asc, a.status_id asc, a.type_id asc, d.type_id desc   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as user_date_stamp, d.severity_id as severity_id, d.type_id as exception_policy_type_id from exception as a LEFT JOIN user_date as b ON a.user_date_id = b.id LEFT JOIN users as c ON b.user_id = c.id LEFT JOIN exception_policy as d ON a.exception_policy_id = d.id where c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted = 0 ) ORDER BY b.date_stamp asc, d.type_id   (mysqlt): select a.*, b.date_stamp as date_stamp from request as a, user_date as b, users as c where a.user_date_id = b.id AND b.user_id = c.id AND c.company_id = '1' AND b.user_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 30 AND b.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND b.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND a.deleted = 0   /tmp/timetrex//dd/adodb_ddcfa270f3124de08741433e8166a03e.cache reloaded, ttl=74065 [ select * from holidays where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select distinct d.* from policy_group_user as a, policy_group as b, holiday_policy as c, holidays as d where a.policy_group_id = b.id AND b.holiday_policy_id = c.id AND c.id = d.holiday_policy_id AND d.date_stamp >= '2007-04-29 00:00:00' AND d.date_stamp <= '2007-05-05 23:59:59' AND a.user_id in ('2') AND ( c.deleted = 0 AND d.deleted=0 ) order by d.date_stamp desc   (mysqlt): select a.* from pay_period_time_sheet_verify as a where a.pay_period_id = '2' AND a.user_id = '2' AND ( a.deleted = 0 )   (mysqlt): select * from pay_period where pay_period_schedule_id = '3' AND id < '2' AND deleted=0 ORDER BY id desc LIMIT 1   (mysqlt): select sum(total_time) from user_date_total as a, user_date as b where a.user_date_id = b.id AND b.user_id = '2' AND b.pay_period_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 20 AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted=0 )   (mysqlt): select sum(total_time) from user_date_total as a, user_date as b, absence_policy as c where a.user_date_id = b.id AND a.absence_policy_id = c.id AND b.user_id = '2' AND b.pay_period_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 30 AND c.type_id = 10 AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted=0 )   (mysqlt): select sum(total_time) from user_date_total as a, user_date as b, absence_policy as c where a.user_date_id = b.id AND a.absence_policy_id = c.id AND b.user_id = '2' AND b.pay_period_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 30 AND c.type_id = 30 AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted=0 )   (mysqlt): select a.type_id as type_id, a.over_time_policy_id as over_time_policy_id, sum(total_time) as total_time from user_date_total as a, user_date as b where a.user_date_id = b.id AND b.user_id = '2' AND b.pay_period_id = '2' AND a.status_id = 10 AND a.type_id not in ( 10, 40 ) AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted=0 ) group by a.type_id, a.over_time_policy_id order by a.type_id, a.over_time_policy_id   /tmp/timetrex//ff/adodb_fffc22a72c35c8e5fb285eae961ef72c.cache reloaded, ttl=73974 [ select * from over_time_policy where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): select * from over_time_policy as a where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0 order by type_id asc,trigger_time desc
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I am unable to replicate this issue on our end, is it possible for you to email a dump of your TimeTrex database to support@timetrex.com for further diagnosis?

Please include the exact date and employee which you are experiencing this problem with as well.
ignus

Similar problem

Post by ignus »

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem to the poster above. It doesn't seem to always happen (in fact, it only seems to happen if we add punches by hand).

We are running version 1.6.4

I have a in/out punch on Sunday and I click on the empty "in" on Monday and add a punch for 8:00am. Once I submit and look at the weekly view, it shows up in the Sunday column. If I click on it, the date in the "detail" view is correct. I'm not getting any errors when doing any of these things.
If I add a punch for 18:00 on Monday, it will also show up in the Sunday column, but with a empty out and in before it. When this happens, it does NOT count the hours worked in the weekly total.

Here's 2 screenshots that show the issue:
http://www.ignus.com/timetrex_weekly_view.jpg
http://www.ignus.com/timetrex_punch_view.jpg

I'd be happy to show any logs, but there is a lot of logs to choose from, so if you need specific logs from clicking submit on a specific page, etc, I can easily provide that.

Thanks!
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Ignus, the issue you describe is completely different, and in fact it is by design, please read section 2.3 of the Administrator Guide pertaining to daily continuous time.
ahbeyra

Sorry about the wait

Post by ahbeyra »

Let me know what the steps for dumping the database are, not familiar with that. Also, it isnt on a specific date or employee. its global, and it appears to be a problem with timetrex itself. people can punch in and out and its recognized, but it just isnt visible on the time sheet if its on a day that is the beginning of the week.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You can read about dumping/backing up your database at the following URLs:

http://www.roseindia.net/mysql/mysql_ba ... tore.shtml

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/backup.html
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

We received your database dump, and we are still unable to replicate this issue on our end. We have our start week day set to Monday, and we see punches on Monday for virtually all employees.

After you added the punch, have you tried just refreshing the TimeSheet page manually, without changing the start week day? Perhaps try clearing your browser cache as well, then refreshing the page.

If you are still experiencing the problem, the next step would be to email the url, admin login and password of your TimeTrex installation to support@timetrex.com and this time please provide an EXACT employee, date, and time where you are seeing the issue... This is critical.
Das Goat

Can not add punch on first day of pay cycle.

Post by Das Goat »

I have a very similar issue. I tried to go back an enter the last two weeks of my employee's times manually. With 5 of the cards, I could not enter anything on a Tueday (that is the first day of our week) a week back. The error I get is " 1. Pay Period is Currently Locked, or Date/Time is incorrect."
but I have looked at Admin > Payroll > End of Pay Period and the week in question is not locked. I'm sure this must be a setting because this did not happen with all employees. With some I was able enter Tuesday like any other day. Of the five that wouldn't work, three also had one other day in common that gave the same error, the previous Friday. I have no idea why.

I did go to http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=89 and set the options as described, but then I could not log in.

Here is the error I got:

(mysqlt): SET SESSION sql_mode='ansi' (mysqlt): select * from users where user_name = 'dasgoat' AND deleted = 0 (mysqlt): select * from users where user_name = 'dasgoat' AND status_id = 10 AND deleted = 0 (mysqlt): insert into authentication (session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date) VALUES( '494787dbdbbaa059958158819d628273', '1', '192.168.0.216', 1180990252, 1180990252 ) (mysqlt): SET AUTOCOMMIT=0 (mysqlt): BEGIN (mysqlt): update system_log_id_seq set id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1); c:\temp\timetrex\/ab/adodb_ab351cbfe58e0c708f497c6b2de1ba0b.cache reloaded, ttl=75553 [ select object_id,action_id,table_name,user_id,description,date,id from system_log where id = -1 ]
(mysqlt): INSERT INTO system_log ( OBJECT_ID, ACTION_ID, TABLE_NAME, USER_ID, DESCRIPTION, DATE, ID ) VALUES ( 1, 100, 'authorization', 1, 'SourceIP: 192.168.0.216 Type: USER_NAME SessionID: 494787dbdbbaa059958158819d628273 UserID: 1', 1180990252, 3946 ) (mysqlt): COMMIT (mysqlt): SET AUTOCOMMIT=1 Smart Commit occurred
(mysqlt): select * from station where company_id = '1' AND station_id = '32b49899d3b417d31a50edd885f62306' AND deleted = 0

After I set the flags back to TRUE, FALSE, FALSE and 10 I could log back in.

Since this data is not really needed, I am going to just Verify and Close those weeks and see if the error comes back. :idea:
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you sure the employees in question are assigned to the proper pay periods? If employees aren't assigned to pay periods, or pay periods don't exist for the time frame you are entering time for, then you may see that message.

You can tell by going to the employees TimeSheet, changing to the day in question, then looking at the bottom of the TimeSheet, it should say something like:

Pay Period: 09-May-07 to 24-May-07

But if it says:

Pay Period: NONE

Then there is an obvious problem.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

One other thing, what version of MySQL are you using? Have you read:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=298
Das Goat

Can not add punch on first day of pay cycle.

Post by Das Goat »

sorry, I wrote all of that down and then forgot to tell you.

Time Trex 1.6.6
PHP 5 (will not tell me sub version)
MySQL 5 (also does not tell me the sub version number)

Ok, first thing. I checked the week where I could not punch the time in and, yes, it has the correct time period on the bottom of the screen. Additionally I went here:Pay Period Schedule List > Edit Pay Period Schedule and all of the employees are listed. Also, I checked the individual employees and they are set to this schedule (I only have one). Strangely, one of the employees punched in wrong today, so when I went to correct it, on this week (the current pay week) it says pay period "None" on the bottom. But if I back up one week, the period information is there and I could verify the week.

Related to this, it seems the the same few employees that can't punch that one day also can't verify last week (even though yesterday I could log in as them and verify the past weeks that were open).

So, I am going to manually enter the salaried people (I still need to figure out how to make the system do this automatically) I do note that I can't even enter my own time with out getting the error " 1. Pay Period is Currently Locked, or Date/Time is incorrect." and I am the same as "root" (At least I think I am).

It sure seems like there is a limit to how far I can go back for some reason. Like I am trying to fill in the days from three weeks ago and it let me fill in a Wednesday, but no other days in that week. Then on the sheet for two weeks ago, I can't enter the Tuesday (begining day) but I could fill in all the rest. On last weeks sheet I could fill everything in. (And yes, I double checked > End of Pay Period and all weeks are showing open).

So, is it possible, that when I first set the employees up, and I didn't give them default departments and locations, then latter went back and corrected that, that now Timetrex does not know how to handle those old dates?

Ah! I am almost positive that this is what is wrong. One of the other salary guys, when I set him up did not have departments and branches configured. Also I had set up automatic punching wrong(it punched like 100 time on one day) when I went back to correct that week, I found that although I could delete the erronious data, I could not punch in on those dates, but other dates were fine and worked as normal, even three weeks back. .... And I tried it with the other employee and got the same result. There is definitely a problem with how I origionally set up the employees. I assume I did something out of order.

(Sorry to post such a rambling story, but to save everyone's time, I just left this open all day as I trouble shot the issue)

I closed all the previous weeks by following the instructions, even testing things like Pay Stub exceptions. Everything seems to be working right now. Even two our of the four people who could not verify their pay stub, some how the stub is verified.

I definitely messed something up by going out of order. There should be a bigger warning in the Admin Manual. Is there an easy way to just FLUSH everything in my database and start over (and is that recommended?)?
i am going to play with the data I have for a few days to make sure i understand how everything works, but I need a big red rest button.

Thanks in advance. I hope this helps some one.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Enter data out of order should not affect things that much at all, especially entering branches/departments out of order, this makes no difference.

TimeTrex is designed to handle out of order data with little effort. The biggest issue is entering punches when pay periods for that time frame don't exist yet. But if you edit the pay periods and click the "Import" button, that will import any orphaned punches into that pay period.

Using this import feature may help, but it can't hurt anything anyways.

If you can email support@timetrex.com with your URL and administrator login/password we can look around to see if can find out what is going on.