Wont apply overtime policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
ahbeyra

Wont apply overtime policy

Post by ahbeyra »

1. I had an employee that had overtime recently and despite the myriad of changes i tried to make to make sure it was enforcing the policy, it always showed up as regular time. so basically i was just wondering if there was a certain setting that i was missing in order to make it show as overtime.

2. Set up a basic overtime policy for any time after 40 hours was 1.5x pay. added it to a group policy, added everyone to it. and made sure that all employees were selected for every applicable policy.

3. I am running the standard version 1.6.4.

4. I am running PHP 5.2.1 (cli).

5. I am running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn i386

6. I am running Server version: Apache/2.2.3
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Did you recalculate the employees timesheet after you set/changed the overtime policy? Policies are not applied retroactively unless you do this.

On their timesheet, at the bottom right there is a drop down box where you can recalculate each employee, or the entire company at once.
ahbeyra

Post by ahbeyra »

I recalculated the company after every attempt to repair it i made. nothing made it apply.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

On the day that you think their should be overtime, click on one of the punches (doesn't matter which) so the Edit Punch window opens. Then change debug verbosity to 11 in your timetrex.ini.php, then go back and press the Submit button on the Edit Punch page. This should output debug text to the screen, please post all of the debug buffer (near the bottom) text here.
ahbeyra

Post by ahbeyra »

Code: Select all

(mysqlt): SET SESSION sql_mode='ansi'   (mysqlt): select session_id,user_id,ip_address,created_date,updated_date from authentication WHERE session_id = 'f668e3c8cc4b989d84ebefa5b3ad267c' AND ip_address = '127.0.0.1' AND updated_date >= 1179431134   (mysqlt): update authentication set updated_date = 1179445534 where session_id = 'f668e3c8cc4b989d84ebefa5b3ad267c'   (mysqlt): SET SESSION time_zone='America/New_York'   (mysqlt): select * from station where company_id = '1' AND station_id = '7380152fae2fcdba12c6cef65e6a947a' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from cron WHERE deleted = 0 ORDER BY last_run_date DESC LIMIT 1   (mysqlt): select a.* from punch_control as a, punch as b where a.id = b.punch_control_id AND b.id = '264' AND ( a.deleted = 0 AND b.deleted=0 )   (mysqlt): select * from punch where id = '264' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from station where id = '8' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from user_date where id = '1520' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from branch where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from department where company_id = '1' AND deleted = 0   (mysqlt): select * from other_field as a where company_id = '1' AND type_id = 15 AND deleted = 0  
Thats what it gave out... dont see anything about overtime.. but i dont know.
ahbeyra

Post by ahbeyra »

Well, i figured out that this problem is directly related to my other problem currently being worked on. I added times on my account to test and if i had over 40 hours in days not including the beginning of the week day, then it worked fine. but due to that not showing the day, it wasnt factoring it into the overtime. So, overtime policy is working, something else isnt. Thanks!

-Kelley