Accruals not applied to certain employees

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
MichelleM

Accruals not applied to certain employees

Post by MichelleM »

Hello again,

(OT: Seems there are performance issues with the Ubuntu box that I'm troubleshooting now. Got "top" running and am keeping an eye on it.)

On topic: There are two users who do not seem to be accruing vacation time. Other users are accruing it, and accruing the time correctly on the date on which they should have accrued it. (Yay!) One user is the admin user. The other user is myself, set up as an "ordinary user" not the admin.

Policy Group List:
Group called "Administration" with 5 users (the above two included).
4 Accrual Policies are listed, all of them selected.
Meal and Holiday policies set.

Accrual Policy (called "Vacation Earned"):
Calendar-based
Should be on the last day of the month, but for troubleshooting purposes, I set it to today or tomorrow.
After minimum employed days: 1
Milestone rollover set to October 1st (our year runs from Oct 1 - Sept 30).
Length of Service Milestones:
Length of service: 1 day
Accrual rate/year: 112:30
Accrual total maximum: 150:00

Other:
Accrual Policies and Absence Policies are set up and for those employees who are accruing vaca/sick, deductions are correctly done when an employee enters vaca/sick time.

Cron jobs are running fine.

Environment:
3. What version of TimeTrex you are running, specifically. (stating "the latest version" is not specific enough)
TimeTrex 1.6.4 (updated Friday 5/4/07)
4. What version of PHP you are using.
PHP 5.1.2 with MySQL 5.0.22-Debian
5. What operating system you are running.
Ubuntu 6.0.6 server
6. What web server you are using.
Apache 2.0.55
7. Have you configured PHP to log errors to a file, and what errors are showing up in this file?
("error_log = <filename>" in PHP.INI)
Yes, I did but no file was created (/var/log/php/error.log)

thanks again,
Michelle
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Can you email support@timetrex.com a SQL dump from your database so we can try some diagnostics on our end here?

Also please include the exact user names and accrual policy that you feel is not working correctly.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The reason these employees aren't accruing time is because their hire date is in the future, so TimeTrex correctly thinks they haven't been employed long enough to meet the first milestone requirements.
MichelleM

HIre date is in March

Post by MichelleM »

Shawn,

I checked those employees - their hire date is March 23, 2007 entered as 03/23/2007.

thanks,
Michelle
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Sorry, I misunderstood what one of the developers explained to me.

The reason isn't that their hire date is in the future, it is that your policy has a set roll-over date of October 1st, and the employee was hired March of this year. So its the policy roll-over date that is effectively "in the future" for just those two employees. Any employee hired before October 1st of last year, the policy is being applied to correctly.

The way TimeTrex handles specific roll-over dates (as compared to using the employees hire date) is it bases the length of service time off that date of the year the employee was hired. So if the date was January 1st, then TimeTrex would basically treat the employee as having been employed since January 1st of the year they were hired (this year). Since it is October 1st that you are using, we haven't gotten there yet, so TimeTrex treats it as if the employee hasn't been hired yet.

So you either need to change the roll-over date to something before March, or you need to use the employees hired date instead.
MichelleM

Okay-

Post by MichelleM »

Thanks, Shawn for the clarification. I thought in the back of my head it might be something like that. Hm. Let me go and play some more and see what I can do.

Causing trouble around the globe,
Michelle :-)