Punch In/Out issue (Can't calculate total time)

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
vincently

Punch In/Out issue (Can't calculate total time)

Post by vincently »

I find there is a gap between In and out so that total time can not be calculated. I have checked the topic "Total time won't calculate" and follow the instructions by changing Pay Period Schedule settings as follow. However, the issue still can't be solved. Please help!

Pay Period Schedule Settings:
Daily Start Time: 00:00
Daily Continuous Time: 12:00

In: 8:00 AM
Out: <blank>
In: <blank>
Out: 5:00PM
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You need to manually eliminate the gaps once you change your pay period schedule. TimeTrex won't do that for you automatically.
vincently

Post by vincently »

I have tried to remove the records and then punch it again, however, the result is the same. If it is not the case you mentioned, could you tell me in detail how to remove the "Graps". Thanks
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

How are you adding the punches?

What you should do is delete the 5:00PM punch, then click on the blank cell immediately below the 8:00AM punch, and make that the 5:00PM punch. Then there will not be any more gap.
vincently

Post by vincently »

I know it can be done by following the instructions you mentioned above. However, once we add punches throught "Mass punch" and "Punch" button which at the right hand corner, gap still exists. Is there anything I miss?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

As long as the employees are all assigned to the pay period with a 12hour continuous time, when using the Mass Punch page TimeTrex should group all punches within 12hours of each other.

Using the "Add: Punch" button in the upper right of the MyTimesheet page will NEVER group punches though, it is designed to always add a new punch pair. So you should only use it when there are no more blank cells available to add punches to.
vincently

Post by vincently »

Thanks for your explanation. As I have set the pay period with 12 hours continuous time, however, the pay period did not group together when i tried to add punches by using "Mass Punch". Could you tell me what can i do to eliminate the "gap"?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

It sounds like you have some other issue causing you problems. What version of TimeTrex and what version of MySQL are you using?

Is it possible for you to give us access to your TimeTrex installation by emailing the URL, Login/Password to support@timetrex.com?
vincently

Post by vincently »

I have just sent the info to you. Thanks for your help.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The reason for your problems is due to a bug in MySQL, please see this post:

http://forums.timetrex.com/viewtopic.php?t=298
vincently

Post by vincently »

It works after upgrading the Timetrex version from 1.6.4 to 1.6.6. Thank you.