Sick Day Policy

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Michael.Goddard

Sick Day Policy

Post by Michael.Goddard »

I would like to create a sick day policy with the following features. We will pay for six sick days per year. After this I would like to track the time sick but the employee will not receive any salary for sick days. How would I create an account and policy to track this? Perhaps more than one account?

Example:
At the beginning of the year the pay stub would display something like:
Sick Days Taken: 0
Paid Sick Days Remaining: 6

After that I can then start recording sick days and the tally would be kept as described above.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The only way to get an amount on the pay stubs is with a dollar based accrual account, however it appears you want a hours based accrual instead.

*Keep in mind TimeTrex doesn't work by "days", its all on "hours".

What I would do is create a calendar based accrual policy that accrues the 6 days of sick time per year. I would then create two absence policies, "Sick Time (Paid)", and "Sick Time (UnPaid)" with the paid sick time policy withdrawing from the sick time accrual policy.

Now, when you go to enter sick time for an employee, you can select the paid sick time policy first, TimeTrex will tell you how many hours they have available in their accrual, if there is not enough, you can simply select the unpaid sick time policy instead.

TimeTrex allows accruals to be a negative amount, so in cases where its near the end of the year and the employee only has 1 day of sick time available, but in one weeks time they will have 6 days available, you can withdraw 3 days of sick time, causing the accrual balance to be -2 days, then when TimeTrex deposits the 6 days to their accrual account at the beginning of the year, they will have +4 days available.