Unable to set prefrences

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
StAugIT

Unable to set prefrences

Post by StAugIT »

I have a problem where a particular administrative user can not change their hour notation from regular hours/minutes to decimal notation. I have tried to go in as a administrative user and change it myself on her account but the changes aren't reflected. I took a look at the user_preference table and it looks as though it is set correctly. What else can I do to debug this problem? Thanks.
--------------------
Atlantique Press
St. Augustine Florida
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Check to see if there are two rows for the same user in the user_preference table. If so, delete all but one row, then try again.
StAugIT

Post by StAugIT »

Here are some particulars on the system:

TimeTrex_Standard_Edition_v2.0.0

Debian

Apache

No PHP log errors

I have checked the user_preference table and there are not two entries with the same user_id.. whats the next step?
--------------------
Atlantique Press
St. Augustine Florida
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Next step would be to check your TimeTrex caching directory, and make sure your web server can write to all the files within in. (simply clearing it out usually helps)

If you modify the preferences, then check the preference table directly, do the changes appear in there?

You can also go the preference page, change something obvious, then in your timetrex.ini.php set the debug verbosity to 11 then immediately click "Submit" on the preference page. This will show you all the SQL commands being run, if you can paste those here, that will help.