Pay Period Schedule - Tranaction Date

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
vmp

Pay Period Schedule - Tranaction Date

Post by vmp »

We process monthly payroll on the 21 st of every month for the whole month, so our employees receive salaries in their respective bank accounts by the 25th latest. Our transaction date would be 20 or 21st of that month itself.

But would it be possible to work with defaults (full time) for days 20 - 30/31 so as to process payroll, considering that we will not have punch in date/time for processing payroll?

Can we process payroll without considering the punch in/out time?
Only to be used as a track sheet.

Hope my query is clear
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

The only way this would work is if the employees are all on salary. TimeTrex will just pay them X dollars each month regardless of how much time they work, unless you have explicitly entered time that deducts from their salary or increases it (overtime).
vmp

Post by vmp »

How can I do away with the Annual Hourly Rate and the "Regular Time" Earning Time calculation?
We would like to use the Attendance component only to track In/Out.

However, can we at our discretion somehow link / unlink attendance to salary as per requirement? How can we do so?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I'm not sure I understand your question(s).
How can I do away with the Annual Hourly Rate and the "Regular Time" Earning Time calculation?
We would like to use the Attendance component only to track In/Out.
If you just want to track attendance, and not worry about payroll at all, you can simply ignore or disable via permissions all the payroll functions.
However, can we at our discretion somehow link / unlink attendance to salary as per requirement? How can we do so?
This seems contradictory to your above question. Can you please explain in more detail.
vmp

Post by vmp »

I'm sorry if I wasnt clear ..

We would like to use the time sheet to track attendance.

At the same time we would like to enter employees wage (Type: Monthly) and generate payroll from the system.
We expect to see monthly salary irrespective of the hours worked.

Yet when we recalculate pay stub for employee from Time Sheet, we get a salary based on the hourly rate. I think this is by design.

How can we have a full months salary given to an employee, if he works Monday - Friday for all weeks of the month?
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

I spoke with our developers and there appears to be a bug in TimeTrex v2.0.1 with salary wages, where if the wage type isn't Salary (Annual) it treats it as an hourly wage essentially.

So if you set the employees wage type to "Salary (Annual)" that should fix the issue until v2.0.2 is released.