Seeing who is in/out and exceptions in real-time

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
quepasa

Seeing who is in/out and exceptions in real-time

Post by quepasa »

I have just installed TimeTrex for the fist time and am trying to figure out if this will meet my company's needs. I have read the admin guide, and would like clarification on the following quote from the guide regarding Exception Policies:
Exception Policies specify which exceptions TimeTrex will look for at the end of each shift.
Does this mean that exceptions are not reported in real-time. Meaning if I have a group of employees who punched in late, I will not know until the end of their shift?

Basically this is what I need: a quick real-time view of who is in/out. If someone is out, or punched in late, or has had any type of exception for that day, I should be able to see that on the same screen. If someone hasn't punched in for the day, and it is an approved absence, it should tell me that also.

Does this program do this in real time?

Thank you,

-Ben
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Exceptions are semi real-time. Normally they are calculated at the end of the day, unless they are updated manually, or forced to be calculated earlier.

The reason is that if you have 50 employees punch in at 8am, if the exceptions were all calculated immediately, you would have 50 exceptions all saying the employee is missing an out punch.

However this could be easily changed by setting a FALSE to TRUE in the code.

Of course you can always use the Who's In Summary report to see who is currently punched in, and determine early/late manually from that if you wish.