Pay Stub Generation

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
dawnyee

Pay Stub Generation

Post by dawnyee »

When i click timesheet -> pay stubs, there is nothing shown on the view, i.e. no stub can be generated. Basically, i would like to ask what kind of settings should I need in order to generate stub. I have gone through the administrator guilde: set the company pay period, transaction date, set the policies, bind the policy to staff, set taxation, etc, but unfortunately, i still cannot make it. Please kindly help

thx a lot
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Have you set employee wages, and entered time into their timesheets as well?

How are you generating the pay stubs?
dawnyee

Post by dawnyee »

I have set the wages and punch time on timesheet. In timesheet section, when i choose Recalculate pay stub and then submit. The Pay Stub List showed up, but there is no new record appended nor overwrote the old one. I have to delete the old one and recalculate again so that the new stub list can take effect, is this true ?? or i missed sth ??

thx a lot
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

You have gotten the pay stub to generate at least once before though?

If thats the case, TimeTrex won't overwrite a "PAID" pay stub, but it will overwrite a "OPEN" pay stub assuming no errors occurred during the generating process. There can never be more then one pay stub for each employee in a given pay period.

You shouldn't need to manually delete an "OPEN" pay stub for TimeTrex to overwrite it with a new one though. You can determine if the pay stub is new or not by the identification # listed at the bottom right of the pay stub itself. This should change every time a new pay stub is generated.