Need to change accrual from yearly to hourly

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Stephen87

Need to change accrual from yearly to hourly

Post by Stephen87 »

Currently all of my employees get 40 hours of vacation time after 1 year of employment followed by 80 hours after 5 years, My question is how would I go about changing them over from getting their vacation time from the current(awarded at their hire date regardless of hours worked) to an hourly based rate(awarded on their hire date but based on hours worked)? If I changed them to hourly rate out right how would they get the hours earned from the previous year. Also how would the hourly rate be calculated would it be given at once or would it be given as they clocked in and out(preferred at once at their hire date)?

Version: 5.0.4
Used installer
shaunw

Re: Need to change accrual from yearly to hourly

Post by shaunw »

There are two ways you can handle this.

1. Unassign the current accrual policy from the policy groups, then create a new Hour Based accrual policy and manually carry over any current balances.

2. Change the current accrual policy to an Hour Based accrual policy and TimeTrex will immediately switch to that, it will not do calculations retroactively on its own.

Hour based accrual policies are calculated on a day-by-day basis as the employees punch in/out. They are not calculated once per year.
Stephen87

Re: Need to change accrual from yearly to hourly

Post by Stephen87 »

Thanks for the help Shaunw