Processing Payroll/Generating Pay Stubs

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
KRSITConsulting

Processing Payroll/Generating Pay Stubs

Post by KRSITConsulting »

To Whom This May Concern:

I'm trying to figure out how to set up payroll for our small business. I currently have only 1 employee who is salary based and the others are hourly independent contractors. When processing payroll, I clicked on the pay period which we should be getting checks for. When generating pay stubs, it states and error with the one employee who is salary based. The error states. "1. No Earnings, employee may not have any hours for this pay period, or their wage may not be set."

After checking, his hours are logged in and his wages are set. Every other employee was successful in obtaining the paystub. What could be the issue?

Thank you in advanced!
shanec

Re: Processing Payroll/Generating Pay Stubs

Post by shanec »

To assist you further please send screenshots of the employee's Hire Date and Wage entires.

To view an employee's Hire Date and Wage entires follow these steps:
- Click the Employee menu item in the menu bar located along the top.
- Click the Employees icon in the icon bar also located along the top.
- From the list of employees that appears click on the employee so that their name is highlighted in blue.
- Click the Edit icon.
- The Hire Date and Termination Dates are visible so please provide a screenshot of this.
- Click the Wage tab.
- Click the most recent wage in the list (usually the one at the top) so that it is highlighted in blue.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Take a screenshot of the wage entry.
KRSITConsulting

Here are the requested screenshots:

shanec

Post by shanec »

The Hire Date and wage appear correct. Please try generating the pay stub again and let us know if you still get an error.
KRSITConsulting

Unfortunately the same error occurred.

shanec

Post by shanec »

To assist you further we would need remote access to your TimeTrex instance. Please email the information to support@timetrex.com referencing this forum topic.
amiller030

Post by amiller030 »

I have also had this same problem. In fact, I just reproduced it myself. This is from the most up to date version. I use the ondemand service. I have included screen shots displaying the errors
Attachments
This is to show that a wage has been set for this user. Don't ask why it is only $1 an hour :)
This is to show that a wage has been set for this user. Don't ask why it is only $1 an hour :)
wage.PNG (7.23 KiB) Viewed 7217 times
This is a screenshot of the punch screen. One of the sets on 4/13 is this user.
This is a screenshot of the punch screen. One of the sets on 4/13 is this user.
This is a screen shot showing the hire date of a user that had the generation fail. This user does have punches in the system for this time.
This is a screen shot showing the hire date of a user that had the generation fail. This user does have punches in the system for this time.
This is a screen shot showing that the generation has failed.
This is a screen shot showing that the generation has failed.
Adam Miller
TimeTrex Administrator - New Ulm Robotics
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

For future reference, please don't crop screenshots, it removes important information that can assist us to troubleshoot or replicate your issue, even having the URL used in your browser can be important information.

The issue appears to be related to your pay periods, you created the pay periods after the punches already existed, in your case it appears the punch on May 13th was created on May 15th, and the pay period for that time was created on May 16th, therefore the punches are not associated with the pay period, so when you try generate pay stubs for a given pay period, no timesheet data exists. This can also happen if the employee(s) were not assigned to a pay period schedule when the punches were originally created.

To resolve this issue simply go to Payroll -> Pay Periods, make sure all your pay periods are either OPEN or in Post Adjustment status, highlight them all and click the "Import Data" icon in the icon bar at the top. That will import punches within the pay period start/end dates into each pay period and correct the issue.

As long as employees are assigned to a pay period schedule as soon as they are entered into TimeTrex, and you don't try to enter data before your first pay period, this issue shouldn't happen again.
amiller030

Post by amiller030 »

Thank you. That was fixed now that I imported the Date. The only reason I cropped it was to hide employee names. But thank you for letting me know that. I will just block the names out if I need to next time. Thanks again!
Adam Miller
TimeTrex Administrator - New Ulm Robotics