Warning banner

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
pribis

Warning banner

Post by pribis »

Is there a way to shut off the warning banner?

There is simply no reason to show everyone in the company a warning intended for the system administrator when the warning doesn't really effect the general user. This use to happen when there was a newer version available and now it is happening because the unattended upgrade failed. But while I'm trying to find the problem I'm getting people trying to submit tickets, afraid to log in/out, coming to my desk, sending emails, etc., to tell me about this issue I already know about. Big read WARNING banners cause wide spread panic with the average user. An email from timetrex to an administrative contact would be most helpful while leaving the average user blissfully ignorant.

Hopefully this is easily dealt with. Quite a while ago I looked into it but there wasn't a solution at the time. Hopefully there is now.
shaunw

Re: Warning banner

Post by shaunw »

That banner is designed to be displayed to all employees, because often administrators/IT staff don't login to TimeTrex that often and therefore may not see it in time. The only way to turn off the banner is to correct the issue and re-run the web based installer.
pribis

Post by pribis »

a). How do I re-run the web based installer? (Besides downloading and doing it all by hand, which is what I always have to do anyway).

b). How about an email to the administrative contact? I am continually contacted when updating may not even be an option until the following week when the next maintenance window occurs. So I get tickets and emails and people stopping by the desk to tell me about the message. There just really should be an option to to turn this off and I think emails would be a much better way to notify IT of issues that only concern IT.

Thanks
pribis

Post by pribis »

Also, if you could tell me where the upgrade failed flag is so that I can turn that off when I need to, that would be great.
pribis

Post by pribis »

I found how to run auto upgrade manually (I think) using tools/unattended_upgrade.php.
pribis

Post by pribis »

I found that files.sha1 had as its first line:

Version: 8.0.0 Generated: Fri Jan 30 09:35:01 PST 2015

I'm currently at 8.0.1. So I checked my logs and it looks like timetrex continued to try to update to 8.0.0 but failed on:

DEBUG [L0051] [124ms] Array: SystemSettingFactory::isUniqueName(): Unique Name: auto_upgrade_failed
string(2) "12"

Eventually an upgrade happened (I may have done it manually because of the above error). So what generates the files.sha1? Am I able to regenerated? How did the wrong version get on the first line?
pribis

Post by pribis »

I confirmed that I did not upgrade to 8.0.1 by hand, so this must have been an automatic upgrade that succeed. Strange that the files.sha1 still shows the version as 8.0.0. I'm guessing that checksums are also for that version. That would explain why it is failing.

(Oh, on the last note, I see files.sha1 comes with the installation and not generated by the install - which makes sense).