Need Help With Setting up Lunch Auto-Deduct

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Summit

Need Help With Setting up Lunch Auto-Deduct

Post by Summit »

I am trying to set up a 30-minute lunch auto-deduct in policies, but it is not working. I have several full-time hourly employees that I want their lunch break to be automatically deducted from their time so that they need to only punch in and out one time per day.
shanec

Re: Need Help With Setting up Lunch Auto-Deduct

Post by shanec »

Please make sure that your Auto-Deduct Meal Policy is assigned to the proper Policy Group by clicking Policy -> Policy Groups, save any changes and then while viewing an employee's timesheet recalculate timesheets to see the change by clicking the ReCalculate TimeSheet icon.
Summit

Post by Summit »

I've checked and my meal policy is assigned to the correct policy group. I guess what I don't know is whether to set up the auto-deduct meal policy to auto-detect by Time Window or Punch-time. I've set it to be active after 06:30 hours and deduction time is 30 minutes. If by Time Window, what is the Start Window and the Window Length?
shanec

Post by shanec »

In order for us to assist you please post an uncropped screenshot of your Meal Policy settings as well as an uncropped screenshot of your timesheet.
Summit

Post by Summit »

Meal Policy and time sheet attached.
Attachments
TimeTrex Screenshot.docx
(440.46 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
shanec

Post by shanec »

Make sure that employees and the "30min Lunch" Meal Policy are assigned to the same Policy Group and recalculate the employee timesheets by clicking Attendance -> TimeSheet, and then clicking the ReCalculate TimeSheet icon.