Recurring Schedule Repeat Cycle

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
Ann

Recurring Schedule Repeat Cycle

Post by Ann »

Is there anyway to change the repeat cycle on a Schedule from a multiple of 7 (Sunday-Saturday) to any other multiple?

I'm trying to set up a 6-4 6-4 6-4 (10 hour) Rotating Schedule.

Thank you
shaunw

Re: Recurring Schedule Repeat Cycle

Post by shaunw »

Can you please be more specific and provide a detailed example of what you are looking for?
Ann

Post by Ann »

I'm working on next years schedule for our local police department, 24/7 coverage.
We're playing with different schedules to see which is the best fit. The police contract requires a work schedule be given in December for the entire next calendar year.

Our week happens to start on a Monday.
The Recurring Schedule works on S, M, T, W, Th, F, S. A 7-day repeat.
Other software we have considered use Day 1, Day 2, Day3.... with the ability to add as many days as required for the Pattern.

In the 6-4 6-4 6-4 10 hour Rotating Shift:
Patrolman 1 pattern starts with 6 (days) on 1st shift, 4 off, 6 on 3rd shift, 4 off, 6 on 2nd shift, 4 off.
Patrolman 2 pattern starts with 2 (days) on 2nd, 4 off, 6 on 1st, 4 off, 6 on 3rd, 4 off, 4 on 2nd .
Patrolman 3 pattern starts with 2 off, 6 on 2nd, 4 off, 6 on 1st, 4 off, 6 on 3rd, 2 off.
Patrolman 4 pattern starts with 4 on 3rd, 4 off, 6 on 2nd, 4 off, 6 on 1st, 4 off, 2 on 3rd.
Patrolman 5 pattern starts with 4 off, 6 on 3rd, 4 off, 6 on 2nd, 4 off, 6 on 1st.

A 30-day repeat, which does not work in the Recurring Schedule as it is a typical week - a 7-day repeat ( x 4 = 28).

Reference http://community.bmscentral.com/learnss/ZC/c5tr10-3.

I am using the Community version. However, purchasing isn't out of the picture. I just need to know it will do what we want. It satisfies our first criteria, we can switch from a 3-person schedule to a 4- or 5-person schedule easily.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Unfortunately if your schedule rotates on non-week boundaries, TimeTrex's recurring schedule feature won't work for you.
Ann

Post by Ann »

I was afraid of that. I really liked the software.

Thank you for your time.

Ann