Removing Employees

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
brandinarsenault

Removing Employees

Post by brandinarsenault »

Hello,

I made a test user and I can't delete the employee now. Why is this so? I am use the TimeTrex Cloud Hosted Free Edition.

Brandin Arsenault
Director of Internal Affairs
FTK Truro
shaunw

Re: Removing Employees

Post by shaunw »

By default employee delete permissions are not enabled even for Administrators to avoid accidents from happening. You can either set the test employees status to "Inactive" or "Terminated", or if you wish to delete them you will have to manually enable "Employee -> Delete" permissions through Company -> Permission Groups.

Keep in mind that if you accidentally delete a real employee, their record and all related data (punches, schedules, pay stubs, wages) will also be irrecoverably deleted instantly. Hence the reason why delete permissions are not enabled by default.
brandinarsenault

Re: Removing Employees

Post by brandinarsenault »

shaunw wrote:By default employee delete permissions are not enabled even for Administrators to avoid accidents from happening. You can either set the test employees status to "Inactive" or "Terminated", or if you wish to delete them you will have to manually enable "Employee -> Delete" permissions through Company -> Permission Groups.

Keep in mind that if you accidentally delete a real employee, their record and all related data (punches, schedules, pay stubs, wages) will also be irrecoverably deleted instantly. Hence the reason why delete permissions are not enabled by default.
Great security feature, thanks!