csv employee import issues

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

csv employee import issues

Post by jarrett125 »

hi, yesterday we went to import our CSV like we do every day. we get our 13 errors from passwords that we expect because people's password that no longer meets the password requirements then when we get to step 6 it was error out saying that 200+ records where invalid reason was the id number now these are the id numbers we have used since we had the system it's their student id number. After a while the import finally went through as it always does I'm just trying to figure out what may have caused this. i will go through the logs if I'm able to find the log information from this fail I will attach them as well.

timetrex v9.1.3
jarrett125

Re: csv employee import issues

Post by jarrett125 »

so looking at the logs I didn't get the log information. needed or anything from that day if I disabled buffer_output because I'm getting a lot of useless information in the logs but I guess I will prob need to turn that back b/c I'm not getting the logs I need.

my current log setting is setting are

[debug]
;set to false if you're debugging
production = TRUE

enable = TRUE
enable_display = FALSE
buffer_output = FALSE
enable_log = TRUE
verbosity = 10
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

buffer_output = TRUE should always be on, it doesn't change what data is logged, it just makes it so logging is much faster than without it.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok maybe its just delayed on the logs then i will keep an eye out as the day goes on
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Normally logs wouldn't be delayed more than a few seconds if at all.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

that would make sense not sure why I didn't get any logs from yesterday when we had people in and out and the CSV export. i guess i will continue to monitor it if it happens again i will send the logs and re-open this topic on what caused it to not work.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

so without the logs any idea what could have caused the import to fail?