who's in / out dashboard

General support regarding TimeTrex, such as
configuring policies/taxes or processing payroll.
jarrett125

who's in / out dashboard

Post by jarrett125 »

today we have an employee we had to clock in she clocked herself out at the end of the day. when we were looking at the who's in/out dashboard it was still showing her as clocked in I had to remove all time clock information for today and manually enter the time in in order to clear her from the who's in/out dashboard any idea what could have caused this issue?

V9.1.3
jarrett125

Re: who's in / out dashboard

Post by jarrett125 »

let me rephrase this if it wasn't clear what I was asking

1. on the timetrex dashboard looking at the who's in / out we had an employee who we had to clock in for her. she was able to clock out with using her account.

2. later that day we were looking at the who's in/out dashboard she was shown as still logged in when we viewed her account it showed that she was logged out but still showed her as she hasn't logged out on the dashboard.

3. I had to remove both the login and the logout time stamps and re-entering this information for that error to clear that she wasn't logged out. now my question is what could have caused this issue to happen.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Are you able to replicate the issue again?
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

I'm not sure if I will be able to or not that was kinda of a strange bug. I will try a few attempts different ways see if I can reproduce the error
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ok, I was able to recreate this issue but not sure how this issue first started.

if an employee doesn't have a time in but they have an out time. when you go to add there in time they remain as if they are clocked in even though they have a time in and a time out.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please include screenshots of the timesheet and dashboard showing the issue.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

below shows user Test with a punch in and a punch out but still shown as logged in.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 12.55.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 12.54.48 PM.png
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Thanks for the additional information, I will pass this on to our developers to investigate further.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

my other question on this would be why would people being listed under exceptions as hasn't clocked out but not showing under the who's in/out. right now there are two people who haven't clocked out and are listed under the exceptions dashboard. but not under the who's in/out dashboard.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

Please provide specific information and/or screenshots, without any of that unfortunately we can't help much.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

please see attachments for more info
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 4.18.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-03 at 4.18.03 PM.png
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

so my understanding of who in/out should show a live feed of who's still punched in and who's punched out.
as you can see melissa and Jenna are currently missing a punch out which would mean they are still technically punched in but not showing on the who's in who's out so we are unable to determine who hasn't punched out for the day with 100% certainty till two days later when the system lists them as critical missing punch out.
shaunw

Post by shaunw »

If an employee has a Missing Out Punch exception, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will be shown as "In" on the Whos In/Out report. The Whos In/Out report essentially just shows the most recent punch (within the filter time period) for each employee, so if the exception was from a day or two ago and the employee has punched in and out properly since then, you would only be seeing the most recent data.

Basically, the report just shows you the most recent punch for each employee, regardless of what any punches prior to that are.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

ahh ok so the who's in /out dashboard will only provide a listing of the days in/out ounce that end of time for the day hits then you have to wait for the exceptions to pick it up.
jarrett125

Post by jarrett125 »

has there been anything back from the dev's on the oringal issue of this post.